Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R1 xTc
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if you need to remove the rear indicators to install a MIG high pipe. They look cool don't they.......................:cool:

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
You do lose the rear turn signals but not the rear pegs,just put an intergrator kit in the rear lights to put your turn signals into the brake lights:cool:

·
R1 xTc
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay Twisted is there a web site or something where I can have a look at a intergrator kit . Also is it a dificult thing to install myself.....:)

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
Go to www.hotbodiesracing.com and ask Roger to sell you one,you can hook it up in about 20 min. Roger is also a member of the forum so you can also send a PM to hotbodiesracing I am sure he will help you out he is a good guy.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Nope, currently my bike doesn't have any jet-kit. And I can't feel and flatness in the power curve. So I think it doesn't need any.

But I'm getting a jet-kit anyway just to be on the safe side. I really don't want to destroy my engine!

·
Really?
208 Posts
Speaking as an expert (having owned a MIG-equipped bike since, uh, last night...) the midrange feels a bit worse than with the stock silencer, but maybe a bit more power up on top. It wouldn´t wheelie as easily of the throttle in second as my old R1 with a standard ´00 can. But it lifted the front when i really revved it, something the old bike didn´t do. So a jet kit is definitely the way to go to restore that fat midrange we all (not Swedie) know and love.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
LOL

Mattias. Where have you gotten that from?
I love mad fat midrange power. My CBR900RR had thad.. else I'd never have gotten it up in 6th gear at 8500rpm (the perfect spot where the power is the most).
Btw, when I wheelied it in 6th I hardly revved the bike.. hehe. It was insane. Usually if you wheelie in 2nd the revs points way up in the rev register. But I never had to worry about getting out of RPM's. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.