Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.:jump

Just heard that Mike Slowe went 7.98 @ 183mph during testing at the Rock.
This is a 60in Turbo Busa - 60 ft @ 1.46secs
Congrats on being the first 60in in the 7's..awesome stuff.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
611 Posts
Holy hell that's quick!

·
1 bad R1 !!
373 Posts
Nukedog said:
Bhartley -- time to get rid of that R1 and go Busa..!!!

Why because he went 6 tenths quicker then mine.
Shit if I had Barry backing me I think I could run pretty good also.
All joking aside that is a great pass . Barry can set up a bike great And Mike is riding great. I would take a turbo busa I just don't want to have to spend 30 grand on one. That is a 12 thousand dollar turbo kit on that bike. Not to mention all the other stuff that you have to buy. Still a great pass ..

·
Wanna try?
1,544 Posts
B -- not because of 6 tenth's.. Because he is the first 60" bike to make a 7 sec run... I know he is 500hp but would a R1 motor handle that much? Hell i would be happy to go 8.99 someday!

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Quote from Dragbike.Com's website.

Slowe, riding the www.VelocityRacing.com turbo Hayabusa, had what has to be the most spectacular professional debut in Prostar history. In his first lap down the track in qualifying, Slowe slapped the Streetbike Shootout record with a jaw-dropping ]7.47 at 193 mph and went on to take the event victory

Impressive numbers and here is a bit more of the story and a piccy. check out the link: Mile Slowes record run

Good show Mike Slowe.

p.s. methinks they were playing possum on the first killer run...I imagine it's a case of watch this space ie: Velocity Racing

·
1 bad R1 !!
373 Posts
Nukedog said:
B -- not because of 6 tenth's.. Because he is the first 60" bike to make a 7 sec run... I know he is 500hp but would a R1 motor handle that much? Hell i would be happy to go 8.99 someday!
Nope it would not make that much.
around 300 max.
They have a killer piece .
I can't compete with that .

·
Wanna try?
1,544 Posts
Warp Racer said:
Quote from Dragbike.Com's website.

Slowe, riding the www.VelocityRacing.com turbo Hayabusa, had what has to be the most spectacular professional debut in Prostar history. In his first lap down the track in qualifying, Slowe slapped the Streetbike Shootout record with a jaw-dropping ]7.47 at 193 mph and went on to take the event victory

Impressive numbers and here is a bit more of the story and a piccy. check out the link: Mile Slowes record run

Good show Mike Slowe.

p.s. methinks they were playing possum on the first killer run...I imagine it's a case of watch this space ie: Velocity Racing
Thats not the 60" bike -- That's a 68" shootout... Different bike...

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
300 hp is a fair judgement on horsepower for a pro stock bike of NHRA Standard, running 7.0's @ 187-194+ (most days you see them in the 720-7.30's). The Busa has to catch up 4/10 tenths (1.46 60's compared to PS 1.03's) roughly, with extra weight, slower launch and still catch up to the same times, these guys would definitely be up around the 500hp mark. If you find out his all up weight+max speed on the 1/4, then we can use a fairly accurate benchmark formula to work out horsepower. Anybody know the weight of the bike and rider...!?

·
Administrator
31,054 Posts
Warp Racer said:
300 hp is a fair judgement on horsepower for a pro stock bike of NHRA Standard, running 7.0's @ 187-194+ (most days you see them in the 720-7.30's). The Busa has to catch up 4/10 tenths (1.46 60's compared to PS 1.03's) roughly, with extra weight, slower launch and still catch up to the same times, these guys would definitely be up around the 500hp mark. If you find out his all up weight+max speed on the 1/4, then we can use a fairly accurate benchmark formula to work out horsepower. Anybody know the weight of the bike and rider...!?
Hey warp, what is the power to weight ratio formula...? I had a formula that roughly figured power to rate ratios that gave you a rough 1/4 mile figure and can't find it now...

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SpidermanSS said:
Hey warp, what is the power to weight ratio formula...? I had a formula that roughly figured power to rate ratios that gave you a rough 1/4 mile figure and can't find it now...
Check out this site matey>>>SMOKEMup.Com

You may have to login as a user first, but I've been using this for awhile and a lot of their info is ballpark figures. They ahve heaps of convertors, ta boot.

Cheers Warp

·
The 02 R1 is very Rated `R`!
822 Posts
Just starting to get into drag racing a little more!

I am supposing that the 60" spec that I keep reading about is the wheel base.

A stock Busa has a 58. 5" wheel base. So they are only allowed 1.5" more?

A stock 04 R1 has a 54.9" wheel base. So that would be 5.1" more.

Just wanted to clarify my mind.

Thanks

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
yep right on rated..... my swingarm off my 04 is in works for extensions.....but its not advisable for bolt on sxtensions..so im told. works are right now for welded on blocks from 2 inches - 7 inches over stock.... all i need is about 5 for 60 class.

·
R1 Brian
1,456 Posts
There is a calculator on the AMA/Prostar site. If you put in weight and hp,it will give you an et. And if you give weight, and mph it will give you the Hp. I was playing with it a while back,puts things in perspective

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I should have mentioned AMA/Prostar as well. Just that Smokemup has a shed load more calculators.

Cheers.......

·
Army of one...R-1
678 Posts
WWWAAAAARRRRRRPPPPPPP
Thought I would find you lurking around here Hehehe
Came by to post numbers in the 1/4 , in another room.

Cannot wait for you to get yours !! Loads of laughs Funny man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts