Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· I spank dat R1 daily!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have too many bikes, and something has to go.

My 2001 Blue R1 is for sale. It has just under 5,000 miles on it, and it is in MINT condition. I just had the tail section redone to fix a scratch it got when I sat on the bike with my keys in the back pocket and it scratched behind the seat - yes, that is how anal I am about this bike. It is in AWESOME condition.

It has a BRAND NEW rear tire on it with about 10 miles on it (replaced, drove home from dealer, and put bike away for the winter). The bike has a custom M-stand for mounting a radar detector. A Corbin seat (makes it SOOO comfortable), superwhite headlights, blue LED screw lights on the license plate, comes with 3 screens (stock screen tinted red, smoke LP speedscreen, and blue LP speedscreen [installed]). Other than that, it is BONE stock. It's never been down, always treated very well. Oil was changed 4 times (at 300 miles, 1500 miles, 4000, and just before storage), and currently running synthetic in it. It comes with the stock seat too. I also took the R1 decals off the front cowl and the rear tail (sleeper) but it still has the other decals, just took of the R1 decals.

I am located in the North Shore of Massachusetts. I'm selling this bike for $7,500 - which I really feel is a STEAL. It is in AWESOME condition. I paid $10,500 for it just last May - oh yeah, it also still is under the FACTORY WARRANTY until May of 2002. I will post some pics when I get home, but this bike is like new.

· I spank dat R1 daily!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, not just bikes.. too many toys

for bikes, I have the 2001 R1, 2002 R1, 2000 929RR, and 2002 VTX-1800. I also have cars taking up space in the garage. I also have a couple of old bikes I'm working on (Honda CB and Shadow) that aren't running, but still take up space.

I went on a spending spree last year and now I am paying for it - I gotta clear out some space :)

· Mental stability not required
72 Posts
Well. That settles that. With the 2002 coming in, I now understand why 01 has gotta go.
Although it might be tough on this site because everyone seems to have wood for the '02.

Welcome.:rock

· I spank dat R1 daily!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, don't forget that the guy that wrote that shareware program that has sheep walking around your screen is also the owner of a software company LOL... so it doesn't mean much :)

I hear ya that everyone wants the '02... if I can't get $7,500 for it soon, I'll hold onto it until spring. The '02's are going to be hot for a while and once folks get the hots for bikes, they will look for cheaper options maybe? :) We'll see. My '01 is schweet so it'll be a nice ride for someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.