·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Pass:)

·
I like motorcycles.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like, how LOUD. can i ride it through the neighborhood without my neighbors shooting at me? i want something that i can ride at low rpms without pissing people off somewhat.

·
Faster than sh*t!!!
841 Posts
I have mine sitting on my dining room table waiting for install

·
The fastest Colour!!!
309 Posts
I installed mine last weekend and if you don't push it it is really not bad. When you open her up though there is a really nice and deep howl!

Looks are incredible and everyone is asking about it!

·
I like motorcycles.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) ok thanks for the advice... i think i'm going to get it, i'm picking the bike up today (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited) i can't wait. where did you order yours from Monctron? Just the site? Do they have retailers i can get for cheaper?

·
Faster than sh*t!!!
841 Posts
I'm trying to slide the mirage pipe into the header and it just won't go. when I look into the header there is a weld spot in the pipe that it is hitting about 2-3" into the pipe.

What do I do?

·
Registered
769 Posts
tap it the pipe is ment to fit tight. Some say just to make your own from parts store stuff but this is one reason it not the same.

·
Registered
213 Posts
ya.. I made my own and installed in last weekend. Except I removed the chrome and the tip is satin hi-temp black powdercoat.

It cleans up the look of the bike so much!!! Thats one thing I always hated about sportbikes is the large canister hanging off the side.

Tiller... why are you getting rid of your MCM? what are you getting to replace it?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Pur Pony1 said:
ya.. I made my own and installed in last weekend. Except I removed the chrome and the tip is satin hi-temp black powdercoat.

It cleans up the look of the bike so much!!! Thats one thing I always hated about sportbikes is the large canister hanging off the side.

Tiller... why are you getting rid of your MCM? what are you getting to replace it?
Maybe a 04:rock

·
15,000 Feet and falling....
1,411 Posts
I have one and love it!!

·
Semper Fi
540 Posts
I took a file just inside the pipe and filed the weld down slightly, The Mirage is ment to fit really tight, you have to work it a bit. I just got done repacking mine, was about time to do it.

·
what could possibly go wrong
2,241 Posts
I bought mine from there website www.mcmcustom.com They are right it's pretty loud. definitely not a quiet, sneak back into the house at 3 am kind of pipe, but sounds nice. mine is being powdercoated right now. The guy there gave me 10% off and free shipping for being a R1 forum member :thumbup I have to thank Gynhuf again for that :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts