Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I had a stoppie gone bad. It was very stupid on my part, but that is another story. Anyways, I managed to flip the entire bike over on top of myself and the tail section came down and crushed my leg. So I got a big O bruise and rash on my legs but the bike was saved for the most part.

Parts I now need are:
Windscreen
Headlight bracket
Passenger footpeg bracket (right side)
Rearset (right side) bracket

My brackets are only bent a little I could most likely straighten those out but if anyone has em laying around for a fair price, email me.

[email protected]
Thanks guys,
Blake

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Maybe you should call yourself throttle-noctrl ;)

But seriously. Sad thing! Even the best sometimes loose it. :)

You didn't brake your leg? Just.. *cough* crush it?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... ha ha.. good point man. How about brake-cntrl ? That front brake just grabbed to much and wack... next thing I knew I was digging my car keys out of the side of my leg !

I really got lucky it did not damage anymore than it did... hard lesson learned... no more stoppies for me ! ha ha...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... my favorite thing to do is eat up some twisties but I cant resist the urge to rip a big o wheelie or the stoppies... It only takes one time of hitting the concrete hard that makes ya think twice about trying that same stunt next time... ha ha.. I suck...

I just ordered the rear cowl and a new double bubble and also some glafer brake lines (red) to match... I did get a deal on the rear cowl... 90 bucks vs the 150 price for the brand new one... I got it from Jim at speedmadness.com

Just another 300 bucks I just spent... dang that adds up quick !

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
HEHE! I can just say.. Enjoy life! And take what comes with it. hehe! Ok.. there IS a limit. But I haven't come close to it yet ;)

Arhh! I'm SOOOO looking forward to next season! It's killing me that my R1 is just sitting .. alone in the.. rain/snow/dark/cold.. by itself.. oh.. it does have a CBR900RR '95 standing next to it.. But that doesn't count. It's still lonely.. at the top .. :p

I also love ripping up a wheelie out of corners.. and .. in traffic (I'm sorry but I do.. and sometimes they are so beautiful all your hair raise out of the adrenaline pumping!!)

Wrom wrom!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Double Bubble

How do you like your double bubble shield? I had ordered a smoked one for my bike. They ended up shipping another Zero-Gravity shield that wasn't a double-bubble. Before returning it I put it on my bike and didn't think the smoked looked real good on my bike. I'm curious about the wind deflection. If it better then stock? Most importantly, it is noticable?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it throws up a little more air... I guess its worth it, a aftermarket replacement is going to be atleast 50 so I figured I would kick in the extra 25 bucks...

I also thought about slightly bending the upper faring bracket (the things your mirrors bolt to) up slightly and maybe that would provide a little better angle off the front of the bike. Any thoughts on that ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Guess that would depend who how much more you need to duck out of the wind. If you can get the extra protection then I would give it a shot. Not sure if it is worth bending it though? The bike has a lot of power as it is and getting an extra 3-5mph from staying out of the wind won't make that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I admit it...! I am actually just obsessed with spending money on my bike... so thats how I justify it... ha ha...

Humm... next on my list is Attack fully adjustable rearsets ! The wife will flip when I tell her I am spending another 400... whew hew...!!! he he...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts