Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Mo-Door Garage Opener

8K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  DarkHorse 
#1 · (Edited)
I friend of mine here in Colorado has a new business venture, he's been making these for a while, but decided last year to make it into production. It's a stand alone garage door opener for your bike. There's no splicing required, or drilling of your fairings if you don't want to.

The company is called Mo-Door. Check it out. I just installed mine on the bike (have the the mini waterproof switch) and I love it. I don't have to fumble in my pocket to search for my opener, just press the button on the triple and up she goes.

UPDATE
So I've teamed up with Mo-Door for the 2013 race season and they are going to be one of my sponsors. One way that you can help me out is by ordering through my link! Get an awesome product and help out a fellow R1 owner at the same time!

Since I've converted the R1 to a race bike, this is no longer installed on my bike. Instead I've put it in my car. I park outside, so it's nice to know that if someone ever broke into my car, that they wouldn't know I have an opener in the car, so my garage (and house) is safe. So this isn't just for your motorcycle, you can use it in your car as well!

http://www.mo-door.com/John-Chadwick.html
If you leave my link, make sure to either go back to my link, or the link at the bottom right of the ordering page.

See less See more
#5 ·
Took a crappy picture last night after I installed it.

He told me that under the seat may be the best place, because the case isn't totally waterproof. He's been talking about a waterproof case though.

So you would want to remove this from your bike if you park it somewhere right? Is it easy to detach/reattach?
It is easy to take on and off, although the button is held on w/ 3M tape, so taking it on and off would not be ideal. So if you're afraid of it being taken, then hiding it under the seat will be the best option for you.

How much is he selling them for? can you post a pic of it with something else to give us a size approximation?
does it work with all garage doors or just certain brands? do you program it to the garage just like you would a new remote?
1.There's price points under the Ordering tab. They range from $80-100.
2. See the picture above for size, it's a little smaller than the old tiny Nokia phones.
3. It works with most garage door manufacturers (Linear/Moore-O-Matic, Chamberlain, Wayne Dalton, Stanley, Genie, True Value, Sears Craftsman, Master Mechanics, Do It, Raynor and Liftmaster. ). <--- taken from the site.
4. Yes, you program it exactly like a regular remote. It took me a whole 2 minutes, including searching for the step ladder to get to the program button on the garage door. :lol

#4 ·
How much is he selling them for? can you post a pic of it with something else to give us a size approximation?
does it work with all garage doors or just certain brands? do you program it to the garage just like you would a new remote?

#7 ·
sounds like a good idea....sorry i didnt see the link at first. price would need to come down some though to be competitive. does the same thing as Flash2Pass except you push a button instead of honk the horn.

#28 · (Edited)
I'm definitely getting one once I'm settled in my new place and find out what brand garage opener is on the house.

Now to figure out which switch will work best if I decide to drill a hole beside the high beam switch and put it in there.

Can you find out if the wires to the switch are polarized? My guess is that the switch is a "normally opened push button switch" and all you do is complete the circuit when pressing it. So I'm guessing the wires are not polarized.

#37 ·
Between moving in my new house, having to buy a tire and all of the tools needed to ease replacing it, and a pregnant wife. I've been too busy to jump right on to this project.

But I found out a few details tonight.

There is a lot of room inside here....

Enough room for the gorgeous switch....

There's even an extra empty tunnel for the Mo-Door wires....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.