Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Bumping it! Weather is getting warmer and you know you don't want to fumble in your pocket to find that damn remote! Plus, you'll be helping out a fellow R1 Forum Member in my race effort this year on the R1. :thumbup

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I've had mine for over 2 years and haven't had to change the battery yet. I just race the R1, so I put it in my car. I picked up another car and bought a second to go in that one too. :lol

I've had mine for over 2 years and haven't had to change the battery yet. I just race the R1, so I put it in my car. I picked up another car and bought a second to go in that one too. :lol
I'm definitely getting one once I'm settled in my new place and find out what brand garage opener is on the house.

Now to figure out which switch will work best if I decide to drill a hole beside the high beam switch and put it in there.

Can you find out if the wires to the switch are polarized? My guess is that the switch is a "normally opened push button switch" and all you do is complete the circuit when pressing it. So I'm guessing the wires are not polarized.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I'm definitely getting one once I'm settled in my new place and find out what brand garage opener is on the house.

Now to figure out which switch will work best if I decide to drill a hole beside the high beam switch and put it in there.

Can you find out if the wires to the switch are polarized? My guess is that the switch is a "normally opened push button switch" and all you do is complete the circuit when pressing it. So I'm guessing the wires are not polarized.
Here's his reply....

The wires are NOT polarized and the switch is N/O (normally open). The circuit is closed when the button is pressed.

Brilliant device. I would definitely buy one if I still had my bike.
I have them in my cars now. Great if you park the car outside. If someone breaks into your car and you have your normal opener in plain sight, they can get into your garage and into the house. This is a great way to hide it.

Here's his reply....

The wires are NOT polarized and the switch is N/O (normally open). The circuit is closed when the button is pressed.

I have them in my cars now. Great if you park the car outside. If someone breaks into your car and you have your normal opener in plain sight, they can get into your garage and into the house. This is a great way to hide it.
I'm sold. I like it. Simple electronics yet very cool.

I'll probably find my own switch if I don't like any of the switches available. Just give me some time to recover financially after moving into my house next weekend.

to those that are looking for a good hiding spot for the button. I dont have this device...but something similiar. I considered drilling a hole like Redgecko posted. but I decided i'd rather keep the button more hidden. on the 09+ model on the lower tail theres two rubber pieces..one on each side. cut out that piece of rubber. on the left i have the switch for the fan and plan to wire the garage button into the hole on the right. I used to have it wired into the triple tree hole...but that idea isnt good if you use a front stem lift.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Are they in stock? Does he normally keep them in stock? Is it possible get the remote with wires only and no switch for a reduced price? :crash
He usually keeps them in stock and will ship out same or next day that you order it. I could ask? I think his email is in the contact area, you could shoot him an email. His name is E.J., just let him know Chadwick sent you over there.

He usually keeps them in stock and will ship out same or next day that you order it. I could ask? I think his email is in the contact area, you could shoot him an email. His name is E.J., just let him know Chadwick sent you over there.
Thanks Chadwick

Between moving in my new house, having to buy a tire and all of the tools needed to ease replacing it, and a pregnant wife. I've been too busy to jump right on to this project.

But I found out a few details tonight.

There is a lot of room inside here....

Enough room for the gorgeous switch....

There's even an extra empty tunnel for the Mo-Door wires....

Awesome product. Does exactly what it is meant to do. Just wish the wires were longer. I had to hunt down a bunch of separate pieces of wires to solder together. No big deal though.

Here is a video and some pictures: http://youtu.be/BmEJQ7Sagaw

Solder

Wires routed with stock OEM wire harness.

Nice and clean under seat.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.