Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm puttin her down for the winter and want some input on some enhancements.
Here is my situation as it stands:
2000 R1- unmodified except for K&N

Plans for the future- Definately track days next season. Rides to the mountains, beach etc... Trailered and non-trailered.

I have already decided on an exhaust (don't know which brand yet.) SS lines, undertail, sharkskinz (or comperable), you guys determine the best route for me to take. I figure i've got about 4-5 months to get everything done. If all goes well, I should have a decent shop to do all the work in. And I will be takin pics along the way. Paint is definately gonna happen. Anyways, I have faith in the knowledge and guidance of the Forum. May the force be with me ( and a hell of alot of patience)

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
In order of importance...

Ohlins Damper with Graves mount...

Graves or Gilles rearsets...

Solo rear seat cowl...

Akro or Graves exhaust...

Jet kit for the above...

Metzler sport tec M1's (very good dual purpose, street/track) (also this mod is very important.. lol, replace as needed)...

goodridge stainless brake lines....

Braking Wave Rotors.... w/ pads..

Also if you don't have a painter.. Give www.colorzonedesigns.com a call.. They will be a sponsor here very soon...!

Dussault Undertail...

Zero Gravity windscreen

That should take care of things...... If your taking the whole thing apart.. Powder coat the frame and put a cam in it...

:D

·
Yes it's fast...NO you can't!
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Powdercoating the frame has been bouncin around up in my brain for awhile. Only prob. is, I was gonna powdercoat the wheels silver or white depending on what paint scheme I went with. I guess a flat black frame would be pretty fookin' tight.
I am lovin your ideas. I gotta start maikn' me a list for Christmas presents. B-day in Feb. too. Less I have to spend the better.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Big Daddy said:
#1 front suspension, revalve, springs, diff oil, etc
#2 rear suspension, Ohlins, Penske

BD
:iamwithst
Especially if you plan on doing track days.
Better suspension beats better power hands down in my book.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts