Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I did not took a lot of pics,stuck with a 8megs card,but still,I took some cool ones.

I"m no pic master,so I did my best.

I didnt took R1 pics since we"ve seen them all already,but took pics of interesting bikes instead...and there was not a lot of them.

1st pic:

Benelli TRE (that one was fire red,but hey)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok,now with my comments about the new bikes;

About the ZX10:

Nice bike,but nothing more;I"m not sure about the tank (well yes I am,I hated it)...the discs are mere copies of the wave rotors;the edges of the "petals" are machined (read rounded) and will in no ways do what they are intended to do,i.e. clean the pads and what else...its a pure fashion thing.

The rest of the bike doesnt inspire anything from me.
Sorry guys.
Oh,the dash,I liked it very much and I was also wondering where was the starter switch exactly...the one you would push asde like a flasher switch(but with an auto return) or the little tiny square one all the way to the bottom?
I"m getting old...

The R1:

Sex on wheels;I still dont like the undertail pipes,but that huge curved radiator made me sweat,those wheels are to good to be true,the swingarm is not as bad as I tought it would be and generally,the bike oozes quality.
Nothing special about this bike though;everything is where it should be.

The Gixxer 750:

I wont talk about the 1k since its the same as last year.

But the 750 with titanium con rods and valves springs and retainers,excellent graphics around the front lights and general racebike looks aint half bad...at all.
The side graphics made me almost puke though...lol

That brings us to the CBR1kRR:

Very nice bike;seat is lower than all the rest,nice position while sitting on it---OH YEAH,WE HAD A BLACK ONE AND A RED ONE TO SIT ON,IN YOUR FACE!HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!--its doesnt feel heavy at all,nice finish,I wouldnt mind getting one of those...still,it has the pipes under,which I"m still not fond about.

The Ducati 999r;

Its just plain ugly.
Too much space in the cockpit between things;I know its a pure racebike,but still,I wouldnt want to buy a myth which has a skeleton look such as this one.

I was put off big time by the Termignoni race pipe for that bike;the carbon fiber part is merely a freakin cap over an ugly stamped aluminium can that looks like a car"s muffler.Yuck.

Triumph 600:

Very nice bike.
I didnt spent too much time around it,but what I saw was pretty cool.
I wouldnt buy one though.

BMW:

I kinda liked the new models;nice bikes with low seats...the Boxer cup replica is a huge piece of metal though!
Its loooooooong and it looks mean with all its 90hp :)

Honda RUNE:

Jesus Christ,how big can it get?
35K?
No thanks!But still,amazing bike.

I know I"m forgetting some,but I"ll put it in this thread when it comes back...

·
Youre an Ant and dont forget
1,109 Posts
Nice pics Martin.That RCV rear disc is vented aswell,awesome ,i hardly ever use my rear, and you got to sit on the Honda,damn both the last 2 shows ive been to its the only bike you cant sit on.
cant wait to read some reviews though:D

·
Old, fat and slow
1,802 Posts
martinc said:
This is a "stunt bike" found in the Yamaha boot;its a cross between a bmx free style bike and I"m still not sure what...it has an engine!
Martion - That's the Yamaha Trickster. Hope like hell that they import those things. Has a 250cc thumper in it and should be a blast to ride around.

Cool pics!

Eric

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Earache said:
Martion - That's the Yamaha Trickster. Hope like hell that they import those things. Has a 250cc thumper in it and should be a blast to ride around.

Cool pics!

Eric
Its trick all right,but one peep jumped the chain fence about 2 minutes after I took the pic and broke the seat right off!

Not very sturdy for a free style engined bmx :)

·
I need more money.
3,022 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

one question for Honda: Honda my friend, Why are you still keeping the doctor's stickers on the RCV's windshield? ha?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts