Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More NOS go juice... and a few other mods done!

Had a little time over the weekend and got bored....

I installed my:

HIDS
Solo Cover
CCFL's
And stuck the other bottle on her

All I have left with the Nitrous is to plumb the air box and wire her up....Too bad I won't be able to test it out till next year but hey...its progress.

Here a few crappy snaps early in the morning before I hit the sack...Bike is dirty as all getout too. I wasn't able to get a shot with the HIDS because starting the bike would wake up the cranky gf right above the garage, granted thats why I got some time with the bike... The one shot with the flash off shows how dang bright the CCFL's are....I know th maybe be for looks but I like em:)

Here is the link to the pics...

http://www.r1-forum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18681&cat=500

:snorkel

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U running 2 bottle's on her?
Yup...not all plumbed yet but slowly getting around to it...I kinda want to do a purge out the nose like spidys bike just for shats and giggles. I honestly should be putting the money elsewhere but I have never been on a litrebike with nitrous so this might be interesting.....

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts
:cool: I'd love to spray my 750....but I can see it being a lot of $$$ cause I would want something with selectable maps for power commander like mps or something. then have to dyno it for the spray and tune 2nd map for that. Prob go thru clutches pretty quick too

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cool: I'd love to spray my 750....but I can see it being a lot of $$$ cause I would want something with selectable maps for power commander like mps or something. then have to dyno it for the spray and tune 2nd map for that. Prob go thru clutches pretty quick too
Yeah I hear yah there....I have talked with 1longR1 about this and running up to a 30 shot she is fine then after that I might need to add some fuel....up here at a high alt. also helps a little plus I have her running pretty rich at the moment.

I have thought about going through Power commander to get that LCD setup and create two seperate maps and be able to select which one I want when needed. The thing is I won't be going to crazy with the button at all... bike has more bite than I already need! I'm also looking into dynojets progressive controller....I just don't want to blow the motor! 22k already and when she goes an entire rebuild will happen with cams pistons and all...I just hope it doesn't happen next year:crash

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right on...I hope yours fairs better than Beavis' did!
Yeah I remember you telling me about that....I'm going to make sure I have it all set up correctly and tuned perfect with a controller before I even think of hitting the juice buttton.

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Noss.. looks awesome bro.. i like 2 bottles... forget purge.. run em both.... just not at same time.. still i like it!!
Thanks mang...yeah they won't be running at the same time...the only thing I'm still trying to figure out besides wiring the switch into the horn correctly is how exactly to mount into the box.

I'm really confused in the sense that the NX kits come with the plastic tubing and it looks like the jet inserts in the outlet of the solenoid.... The part that is screwing me up in all the directions and other threads I have looked at it looks like they run the tubing into the box and thats it. No fogger nozzle or anything?:dundun: The crimp fitting on the outlet of the tubing had a jet in it...(i think) am I correct or completely off. Really confused me...I have read over NX's vague instructions multiple times also. Nothing really showed any mounting tips or nozzles in the air box. Like I have said I have only done wet kits on cars and I am a little unfamiliar with a dry setup and all....it seems simple enough, but all the other kits I have looked at have a hard line coming out that threads into a fogger where the jet is located....The NX setup is completely different.

Am I complete dumbarse, or am I just missing parts?:dundun:

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
nope thats how they run them.. no nozzles and jets right at solenoid.. so it limited flow of nitrous instead of most kits that have nitrous going thru tube and jet in nozzle. matter fact dont think there jets will fit into standard NOS nozzle.. its different. but thats how they do it. and it does work. so no big confusion there.. u are correct.

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can always "T" those bottles together and run one solenoid... :fact Might be easier to manage for you..
Yup thats was on my list of reading next...I don't want to be dropping to much $$$ into this I already think I went overkill with two...but hey doesn't it always happen with toys:crash

·
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope thats how they run them.. no nozzles and jets right at solenoid.. so it limited flow of nitrous instead of most kits that have nitrous going thru tube and jet in nozzle. matter fact dont think there jets will fit into standard NOS nozzle.. its different. but thats how they do it. and it does work. so no big confusion there.. u are correct.
Welp that is what I wanted to hear! I guess I'll drill two little holes and pipe the lines into the airbox here soon. Also have to wire it up to the horn and have a toggle inline...but that will be next weekend I'm guessing. Thanks for the help once again fellas! :epimp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.