Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
MotoWorks aka Magical Racing is now selling the new OGK FF5 lids, $380 plain/$430 graphics :sneaky

http://www.moto-works.jp/ogk/index.html

2007 sees the release of the most anticipated helmet in years,The OGK FF-5.This helmet took 3 years of development to produce,and incorporates many unique features and superior design and materials.
Sizing has changed from earlier FF-3 and FF-4 variants,with the FF-5 closer to Arai in size and shape(if you wear an M in Arai for example,please choose FF-5 sized M)Constructiuon and materials have changed considerably from the FF-4,with an all new interior with a feel and comfort that puts this helmet in a class of it own.
The FF-5 carries the Japanese SE safety standard(highest in the world)and also carries the MFJ standard(Motorcycle federation of Japan)which is a race standard that only the highest quality riding gear carries(for example RS Taichi and Kushitani leathers)The FF-5 also carries the FIM standard,which means this helmet is approved for World Superbike and Moto GP racing as well as all FIM approved events.
These Japanese made helmets are crafted to the highest standards in design,construction and innovation,and represent tremendous value for money.The FF-5 is now available exclusively to the international market though Moto-Work.jp

Attachments

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Actually I am in the market for a new helment. I have an rx7 rr4 That is 5 years old and I am looking at the rx7 corsair to replace it. how does this new ogk compare to the rx7 corsair. I currently wear an XL.:)

·
21,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I am in the market for a new helment. I have an rx7 rr4 That is 5 years old and I am looking at the rx7 corsair to replace it. how does this new ogk compare to the rx7 corsair. I currently wear an XL.:)
my old OGK FF4 was my favorite lid, I switched from an Arai Med to OGK Med, the Arai I had to go with thicker cheek pads for the proper fit, the OGK fit perfect out of the box as is.

I liked the FF4 better than both my Shoei XSPII or my Arai Quantum F, much better ventilation, lighter and better aerodynamically :sneaky

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
The only thing that worries me is that i have more of an oval shaped head not round. The arai xl fits like a glove. Would the okg fit the same.

·
21,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing that worries me is that i have more of an oval shaped head not round. The arai xl fits like a glove. Would the okg fit the same.
If your head shape fits a Shoei or Arai Quantum F than the OGK will fit excellent, it actually fit better than both of those on me :fact

·
TrapStarz, El Presidente
176 Posts
I currently have a Shoei X-11 and it is an XL, how would the sizing of the OGK FF-5 be compared to it? Would I get an XL in the OGK? Would I need to get a size bigger or smaller?

Thanks,

·
JACK3D!!!
2018 Yamaha R1
472 Posts
My 2nd OGK

This is my second OGK and I LOVE IT. These things fit great, feel great, and are light as hell. For the money of this top end helmet you can't beat it. It's loud from the air vents but what helmet isn't...I run ear plugs everywhere! OGK for LIFE! :bash

Attachments

·
I eat R1's for breakfast :)
294 Posts
anyone treid one of these new helmets yet? thinking of buying. any idea on how xs ti tech will compare with xs ff5?

·
unleash the beast
8,615 Posts
Wow - I want that. Does anyone know if they make multiple shells for the various sizes, like Arai does? I wear a small, and some helmets make me look like a bobble head :(

Also, anyone know the weight of this?

Derek
email them @ [email protected] ........i have there carbon fiber............

·
Administrator
25,197 Posts
Not sure how I missed this back in November '07 but yeah, that white Scream is the one I would get... matches my leathers perfectly. :fact

Hmmm.... to buy now or wait? My current OGK FF4-GP is only 3 years old.

Attachments

·
JACK3D!!!
2018 Yamaha R1
472 Posts
Not sure how I missed this back in November '07 but yeah, that white Scream is the one I would get... matches my leathers perfectly. :fact

Hmmm.... to buy now or wait? My current OGK FF4-GP is only 3 years old.

Man I just retired that same exact helmet for my new Kaiser Kevap...LoVe that lid! I'd keep it for a couple years but if you're able to, I'd bounce on a new one now for later :sneaky

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I had not just bought my Arai I would buy the pearl scream That thing is awsome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.