Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked the Admin for this forum. I am really hoping the series is a big success this year. I would love to see an American back on the podium in MotoGP (sorry Nicky). I know it is a ways off, but you have to start somewhere. I also know we have some Graves team members here, so I am hoping they have a really good camera that take a lot pictures they are will to share. :D

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a request to be able to use MotoAmerica content in this forum. Hopefully they will approve. I think I can dig up plenty of fan content, but official content would be great as well.

· Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
2,023 Posts
Just ordered Road America tickets. I go nearly every year. I'm hoping the series is a success.

I'll be cheering on local boy Kaleb De Keyrel in Supersport.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know this coming weekend will be a success. With MotoGP in town, there is little risk to MotoAmerica having problems. My hope in the future though is that the two series will run on different weekends so I get two sets of racing. Financially this doesn't probably make sense, but I am greedy and want as many big events local as I can get. :D

· Horsepower whisperer
2,023 Posts
I just got an official guide for MotoAmerica with this months Cycle World mag. :beerchug:

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it a promotional item from Cycle World or was it produced by MotoAmerica? If it is MotoAmerica stuff, scan it and post it, or send it to me and I will. :D

I got an email from Paul Carruthers saying he doesn't have a problem with us sharing MotoAmerica content on this forum. When MotoAmerica becomes bigger than the NFL (hey, it could happen :D) that might change, but right now I think they are looking for all the press they can get (and I don't blame them).

· Horsepower whisperer
2,023 Posts
It's produced by MotoAmerica. It's like 55 pages. Hopefully it'll be available online soon.
Class breakdowns, calendar, weekend schedule, class structure, history of AMA racing, a story on the 2015 R1 including Josh Hayes' bike, and much much more!

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
glad to see ama didn't die. I was getting worried when trying to check schedule on website and it wasn't showing anything. hope they're still interested in improving the coverage though, it kinda sucked. at least at cota, just watched the re-air last night. guys for motoamerica seem to be dedicated to the process though, so hopefully it gets better and better.

not sure about americans in gp though, herrin didn't represent well after hayes gave him the ama championshiop. don't really watch moto2 tho, so not sure if maybe team or bike was the problem. next best hope is beaubier. he's our marquez, with hayes being rossi.

· Horsepower whisperer
2,023 Posts
Had a great time. Thursday it was hot on the 360 mile ride to the track. A little rain friday during practice. Lot's of rain most of saturday.

I didn't take many pics this year. Been there done that. We spent most of the weekend in the golf kart, moving to different parts of the track. Got stuck in the mud a few times.*

I talked with Danny Eslick a bit about his thoughts on the loss of the Harley class since he was last years champion in the series.
I asked Melissa Paris (Josh Hayes' wife) and Roger Lee Hayden their thoughs on the new pavement in many of the corners. Having done a track day earlier in the week, I wondered how other racers felt on the smoothness of the seams. They did an awesome job on the pavement!*

Sunday was a bright sunny day, albeit windy and chilly. I bundled up for the day so I wouldn't start out cooled for the 360 mile ride home that evening.*
We had a lot of fun. It was strange getting used to seeing both Superbike races on the same day, but it was good for them to do it in the dry.

I was happy to see so many people wearing 00 Westby shirts and flying flags honoring his memory. The one that really choked me up is a helmet we spotted while chatting up many of the racers in the pits. I've included a few photos of it.
We had been talking to Patricia Fernandez. What I did not immediately realize is it was Danes girlfriend.*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.