Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
I’ll be there- I live in Austin so it’s a no-brainer!
Not sure where I’ll sit- I may bring my Ducati and do the Ducati Island thing. That allows me to park the bike on the infield, very close to the Ducati setup. If I don’t do that I’ll ride the R1 and park for free in the D lot and sit at turn 15.

· Registered
390 Posts
It's been reported that MotoGP has announced that all classes (Moto 3, Moto 2, and MotoGP) will be non-fossil fuel powered by 2027--not entirely sure what that means but anybody who has ever wanted to attend a MotoGP event to hear those awesome machines fly by don't wait too long!

· Registered
55 Posts
I hadn’t heard about that, but it’s not too surprising. Just had a quick read and it’s about using synthetic fuels and deriving carbon from the manufacturing process to then to be used as a raw material… I guess the idea of it is that a combustion engine can continue to be used. We’ll see how it goes; it has the potential to be more efficient than electric and can still run off the current network/infrastructure of petrol pumps.

But I agree, get our fill now of unfiltered race gas fumes and burnt rubber… There won’t be race tracks on Mars 😂

It's been reported that MotoGP has announced that all classes (Moto 3, Moto 2, and MotoGP) will be non-fossil fuel powered by 2027--not entirely sure what that means but anybody who has ever wanted to attend a MotoGP event to hear those awesome machines fly by don't wait too long!

· Premium Member
2012 YZF - R1
117 Posts
of course there will be silly; even on low gravity planets. they just do more of a tron style where they ride in a tube and the turns require you to rotate around the tube before the tube itself bends off into another direction.

you can do an entire freeway network this way?

yooooooo, the future!

· Registered
14 Posts
The green stupidity infects everything. Imagine a GP with all electric bikes - the silent whoosh of the field going by. Real exciting stuff 🥸🤪

1 - 8 of 8 Posts