Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Nüsse ? was ist das Nüsse ?
153 Posts
cota

I was planning on going this year but had an economical emergency on the ranch. So i spent a couple of bucks for VideoPass on the motogp website. Kinda cool i can "push Pause" on Lorenzo going down the straight at 200+mph. ;-)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im actually saving for going it within the last two years of Rossi still riding. LOL.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently they changed the date to make us wait longer....

They also put two weeks in between Argentina and Austin... Smart move!

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MotoAmerica is already teasing me on Facebook... Under 100 days!!!

But first a tire test, but no date on that yet....

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see... Well the good part about being about 50 seconds off the superbike pole is that I really don't need to test tires...

·
wanna B on the Track
1,038 Posts
i'll be there again this year..always in the RV area. My brother in law works for Repsol, so ive been bugging him for goodies

·
Yeah so I blew myself up!!
504 Posts
Im trying to plan a father son weekend out of it. Looking like a logistical nightmare with us coming from Savannah Ga but ,still planning. I would appreciate any help in where to sit etc. I was looking at packages etc but WOW.. Course this is also the first time either of us has seen MotoGP so im almost tempted to just pull the trigger lol.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,038 Posts
There are tons of places to sit for just general admission. After turn 2 there is a hill that follows the track until turn 5 or 6. There is a big tv on the other side of the track to watch the race also.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GA is the way to go on a budget...

Spend most of Friday learning the circuit and checking out the views. The bikes run all day in 40-60 minute sessions, so even though they are not racing, you can get the idea of where your best view is going to be.

Spend Saturday shopping, autographing, people watching, etc... Saturday is not as packed as race day, but there are plenty of people.

Spend Sunday watching races. Go to your spot you found Friday and camp. Bring something to sit on (preferably water proof) and an umbrella (or lots of sun screen).

Also you can stay in a hotel anywhere around the circuit, so don't buy into Austin proper unless you plan to spend some time there. You can get a hotel in Round Rock, Pflugerville, Elgin, Hutto, etc... They are all about 30 miles away but can save you a lot of money. Also parking is expensive, but worth it, especially if you get the full three day pass...

Or spend all three days corner working and get up close and personal with everything! :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
14 Participants
YZF-Rich
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing