Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got my tentative schedule for Friday working turn 7.

Where is everyone else working?

And what time are you guys planning to attend the training, the 11am or 6pm?

I'm driving from San Antonio both days but may end up staying Thursday and Friday, I made hotel reservations for Saturday last month,
Egor hasn't given out the track marshal positions yet, but I plan on being at the track on Thursday by 9am, probably earlier. It is a weekday for Austin traffic, so it is better to hit the track before traffic gets bad (which is like 6:30AM now)...

·
Cabin Fever!
252 Posts
Have you been to MotoGP at COTA??

Gals too :p

I was wondering the same thing. Last year I met up with a few members from the forum.

I'll be there Thursday-Sunday :)
Not a MotoGP, but I was just there for a track day last month and I have watched the races each year on tv

Which turn 1 station? From what I have seen 1A is busier than 1 with the exception of the Pedrosa/Dovi incident last year. Either station should be good, especially at the start of each race.

You can do a track day anytime...
I am on 1, not 1A. I actually had that incident in my mind as well hah.

And honestly considering my schedule, for me to get a chance to do either is pretty amazing right now. I work full time 12 hour days, have 4 kids and I am also in school full time so just the fact that this coming weekend has opened up for me without trying to alter all of that is hard to believe. Since I was just at COTA last month for a track day I feel a little selfish going back and leaving the whole fam up here in Iowa. Plus grandma is on hospice so ya never know what might happen between now and then so I think I am going to have to gracefully bow out of this one unfortunately.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nothing wrong with putting family first. I get the feeling it is going to be the best year yet though, so sorry you can't be a part of it.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
1,092 Posts
I'll be there Thu. night through Sun. This will be my first time to COTA. I've been to Indianapolis 3 times for MotoGP and even went to Assen in 2014 to watch the races (in the rain) but, never COTA.
I'm excited to be attending the R1M Hospitality Event that Yamaha is hosting. Here is the latest email I received of what to expect:
Following a simply incredible start to the MotoGP season for Yamaha, we are very much looking forward to you joining us at the Circuit of the Americas for Round 3 and the kick-off to the MotoAmerica series for 2017!

In advance of your travel to Austin, we would like for you to be aware of what we have planned for you during the weekend and some key logistics that you should be aware of.

First, please plan to check in beginning Friday morning the 21st at 9:00 A.M. through closing each day through Sunday noon at the Yamaha Corporate Display in the “Paddock Support” area. There will be a desk marked “R1M Owners” and you are to receive your weekend “race plan” from there. Please also plan to bring your ID so that we can indeed confirm your ownership.

For Friday, please plan to meet at the helipad area just outside the paddock entrance (you can’t miss it!) at 5:30 P.M. We will then proceed to your paddock tour to MotoGP. Following your paddock tour, we will then proceed to a suite above the MotoGP paddock for dinner which will be served from approximately 6:30 - 8:00 P.M.

On Saturday, we will break into groups for Transporter tours in the MotoAmerica paddock which will run from approximately 11:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. inside the MotoAmerica paddock.

Click here for the Circuit of the Americas Map that shows our meeting areas and times.

We truly look forward to meeting you in person at COTA next week and know that you share our true passion and enthusiasm for the sport and trust this event will be one that you will remember for the rest of your life!

Sincerely,

Mike Doughty
Motorcycle Operations

Hopefully I'll get to meet with some the R1-Forum members there.
Carlos

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks for the heads up YZF-Rich!! I was planning to go to the AM training session anyhow.

Is there anyone else going?? I saw people post about volunteering but never saw them post again.

I don't know. I have a few buddies from the group I ride with going. Less than 12 hours to go now! Woohoo!

·
9,238 Posts
I don't know. I have a few buddies from the group I ride with going. Less than 12 hours to go now! Woohoo!
Are you going to be at the AM training session??

And Cfaddict, did you let them know you are not volunteering?? I didn't know if you were a Track Marshall, F&C or Volunteer Medic because the list I have is for Medic and station #1 still has the same two people listed from the original posting last week.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
14 Participants
YZF-Rich
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing