Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EVENT: MotoGP COTA

WHEN: April 8th-10th, 2016

WHERE: Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd, Austin, TX 78617

TICKETS: Tickets & Parking-2016 MotoGP - Circuit of the Americas
Everyone that attending past events stated it is best to purchase General Admission 3-day passes and a Paddock Pass.

It seems for those not in Texas, the inexpensive arrangement is a package deal with airfare and hotel. Please post if you are attending and what hotel you are staying at. I know a few members that are attending and it would be nice to hang out with everyone from the forum.

Members Attending

1. R1Buttercup
  2. r1hotrod
  3. BrnEyzR1
  4. Death R1

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Paddock pass is expensive, $250. The suite I usually sit in has gone up to $999 for the weekend. Ouch! Too much.

Hunt around the areas outside of Austin for a room. Austin is gouging.

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
I may be going. If I do it will be with the package deal offered by COTA and Renaissance Austin.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just booked my flight from CLE debating on ticket packages. Wife wants to sit. Me and friend want to walk around.

If you get seating do you still have GA access?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just booked my flight from CLE debating on ticket packages. Wife wants to sit. Me and friend want to walk around.

If you get seating do you still have GA access?
Yes, you do.
It's wasting a bit your money, but you get the chance to see the racers from many angles.
I usually walk a lot around Fri-Sat, then sit on race day, since many spots are crowded...depending on the weather of course.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I usually walk a lot around Fri-Sat, then sit on race day, since many spots are crowded...depending on the weather of course.
This is what I did the first year. Spend Fri-Sat seeing everything there is to see and then staking out a good seat for the race on Sunday. You can use free practice either day to get a feel for where the best viewing places are. I like 2, 11, 15...

I have corner worked the last two races though so the seats are a bit better...

and there are a few perks for being stuck at one spot all day...

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Will be @ T15 this year as well. Ruben pointed you out to me last year. Hope to get a chance to meet you this year.:smile2:
Sweet! I am looking forward to this year quite a bit (I always say that though). With all the rule changes it should be an interesting season. I am hoping Yamaha has something for Honda this year at COTA, but honestly even if it is anyone but Honda I will be happy...

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Good point... Crutchlow winning would be great, and I could even stomach Dani winning... Definitely don't have to worry about any American's winning even if the whole field retires... :(

·
Collector
1,018 Posts
Sweet! I am looking forward to this year quite a bit (I always say that though). With all the rule changes it should be an interesting season. I am hoping Yamaha has something for Honda this year at COTA, but honestly even if it is anyone but Honda I will be happy...
Are you attending the march 19/20 session?

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I could have swore I replied to this already. :p Wondering if I am senile or the forum had to go to an older backup?

If I do the 19/20 event it will be last minute. That time of the year is too unpredictable for weather and I am not paying that kind of money to ride in the rain. I will probably hit Cresson or TWS a couple of times and then do the summer session at COTA. We cancelled our Europe trip this summer, so I am going to try for six track days this year.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
21 Participants
rexmitchell
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing