Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wait... how can you not know he works for motomummy? :p

I knew he worked for MotoMummy (the avatar kinda gives that away) but there could be more than one Corey. I actually expected to be talking to a Corey, but mostly talked with Shane and Danny. But this is the first time I'd seen a name on a shipment that's why I asked :crash:

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Yes, I'm Corey :) Been around the forum for a few years here. Actually my first bike was an R1 and this was the first forum I ever was on.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,395 Posts
Michelin **we have a problem** :lol

·
8,395 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
They didn't fix the problem, according to crash.net they pulled both soft and hard rears and are introducing a new medium rear.
I actually read is defined "extra-hard", at least in term of internal construction (the part that appears to fail under high temperatures and weight). Not sure about the compound.

·
I miss my R1
2,975 Posts
I actually read is defined "extra-hard", at least in term of internal construction (the part that appears to fail under high temperatures and weight). Not sure about the compound.
Not sure... depends on the source, I guess... crash calls it a medium, the video on motogp.com with Nicholas Grobert (sp?) from Michelin they just call it a spec tyre.

"A new medium rear, with a stiffer construction, will now be introduced on Sunday. "

Read more at MotoGP News - MotoGP Argentina: Michelin withdraws BOTH rear tyres

·
8,395 Posts

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
The front of the pits is closed to special motogp VIP access, motogp experience, etc. paddock just gives you from behind the garages to in front of the containers. Yah, if you stay in there long enough you can see some riders cross over, but that is it. If you stay in the pits before/after practice you can see them come/go, etc. Garages are off limits unless you know someone, etc.
So I hit a jackpot and got a phone call this weekend that lined me up with two 3 day VIP passes to a main grandstand suite.....Anyone know what kind of access this will give me other than my suite seating? These have the black "COTA VIP MEMBER" lanyards attached to them. I don't physically have then in my hand yet so I haven't seen exactly what suite, or any other info on them. Just wondering where I'll be able to go with them.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Just the suite. I can't say for sure, but all the private suites I've been have free food and booz/bar. And often tv's inside them to watch the race. The suites are really cool. AC, food, drinks, and just as good of a view as the race as anywhere else since you normally have the TV's and it's quite so you can actually hear what is going on lol.

·
9,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Anyone excited???????

Leaving tomorrow morning!!!
Staying at Habitat Suites :p

Anyone interested in meeting up, PM me your number. A few members also on Facebook are meeting up, there's an event post.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I am heading out there today to pickup my gear and check out my station. Hopefully get some time in the pits to see how the teams are coming along with setup. Also hopefully get to visit the MotoAmerica teams in the back.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can't believe most of the screens around the circuit are turned off. Unbelievable from COTA organization even do is Friday...but still a paying day. :-(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
21 Participants
rexmitchell
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing