Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just Me.
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Rossi, has any other MotoGP racer finished every race of the season on the podium?

·
Just Me.
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wisdom and knowledge comes with age in a lot of cases, but not always!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Doohan did it in 94, from 91 to 98 he was not on the podium 7 times in races he finished with 10 dnfs in that time. There were more dnfs back then.

5 championships in a row, enough said.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,646 Posts
Doohan did it in 94, from 91 to 98 he was not on the podium 7 times in races he finished with 10 dnfs in that time. There were more dnfs back then.

5 championships in a row, enough said.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I knew Doohan must have done it when he was in his reign, just couldn't figure when it was... :thumbup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Kocinski. What a whiney bitch! I remember when he moved up to the 500, and was having problems, he complained that he could ride it if it weren't such a pig. Looks like Rainey and Lawson have no problem. And they're waaaaay ahead of you!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Damn! Had to make another post. Seeing those 500s really takes me back. They made a solid 200 horsepower, two upper and two lower cylinders each on their own crankshaft that counter rotated to each other. A power band that kicked in at 190 mph and would stand the bike straight up and down on the rear tire. And NO electronics! Those things were monsters!!

·
Just Me.
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't even imagine what the powerband on those 2-stroke 500cc race bikes hit like. Damn, it must a real rush.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts