Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have a place for this, maybe the MotoGP thread can deal with the racing aspect...

I'll start, and these are not necessarily my opinions but - hey, it's trash talk.

Rossi - loves to ride and have fun and a PR and merchandising machine. Still a top competitor at an age when most have hung up their leathers

Lorenzo - rides like a machine, fast and clean, confident in his riding abilities but unsure about the rest of the things in life, which makes him a big azzhole with a body attached.

Marquez - young, fast and just starting to mature, probably regrets his part in the 2015 season-ending antics and the damage to his relationship with Rossi. It will be interesting to see his evolution and his maturation over the next 3-5 years.

Pedrosa - gentleman racer, fast but not consistently so, keeps knocking on the door but too short to be seen when you look through the peep hole.

Simoncelli - too bad he's not around, can you imagine how the 2015 season might have gone?

Spies - hard luck Ben. Racing is hard and sometimes unforgiving.

Stoner - Talented rider, Ducati tamer, 'nuff said. (besides the whining)

All right, that's a start, next?

·
Registered
340 Posts
ha, ha...great start! let me try then.

Second level riders

Dovi(zioso) - Kind and respectful rider, not fast enough, had his chances on factory bikes, twice. Should have gone to a new team to share his experience instead of becoming the Duc puppet.

Iannone - fast, not always consistent and making many mistakes. He probably need a brain implant or at least has to remember to turn on what he's now before racing.

Smith - great guy, decent talent, hard worker and growing. Couldn't find his slot in M1 factory and rightly takes his chance with a new factory team. Go Bradley!

Petrux - Shown more that expected despite his heavy weight, deserves the factory ride with Duc. We need more funny guys like him in the paddock/press conference.

Crutchlow - We liked you, I liked you, but man, you should learn your limits! The bikes have a cost and the goal is to get to the end and not to test the safety equipment :frown2:

Aleix E. - The good one of the two brothers. Did great, got a factory bike, but struggling with it. Are you done or could you do more?

Paul E. - Your smile is not enough, move out and free your seat for somebody better equipped

Miller - maybe you should have thought twice and had a run or two with Moto2 before getting the bigger bike. Don't let Cal be your role model.

·
The Poe Poe!
637 Posts
Rossi - loves to ride and have fun and a PR and merchandising machine. Still a top competitor at an age when most have hung up their leathers

Lorenzo - rides like a machine, fast and clean, confident in his riding abilities but unsure about the rest of the things in life, which makes him a big azzhole with a body attached.

Marquez - young, fast and just starting to mature, probably regrets his part in the 2015 season-ending antics and the damage to his relationship with Rossi. It will be interesting to see his evolution and his maturation over the next 3-5 years.

Pedrosa - gentleman racer, fast but not consistently so, keeps knocking on the door but too short to be seen when you look through the peep hole.

Simoncelli - too bad he's not around, can you imagine how the 2015 season might have gone?

Spies - hard luck Ben. Racing is hard and sometimes unforgiving.

Stoner - Talented rider, Ducati tamer, 'nuff said. (besides the whining)

You pretty much nailed it!! ^^^^^^
Not much more I'd add.

But when I read the title, I was hoping it was a thread to talk trash about Mysterman and P.K.!! LOL

I'll let them alone I guess. :grin2:

·
:-)
9,482 Posts
Good thread to start 😊👍

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
Good idea for a thread. Hopefully it stays true to the title and not used to attack other members who dont follow the cult worshiping of a certain italian part time soccer player or you'll hav to change it.

·
Venom X/O
23,219 Posts
Good idea for a thread. Hopefully it stays true to the title and not used to attack other members who dont follow the cult worshiping of a certain italian part time soccer player or you'll hav to change it.
You mean a full time flopper cry baby who can't except loss, and has to place blame on anyone but themselves? I though Jorge was Spanish :dunno

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
You mean a full time flopper cry baby who can't except loss, and has to place blame on anyone but themselves? I though Jorge was Spanish
Once he gets his head around the Michelin tyres the only crying will be from the Rossifumi ?

·
Never too old to let 'er rip
86 Posts
You can say what you want about out any of the current riders (everyone has likes and dislikes), but I am really enjoying the 3 way battle between Valentino, Jorge & Marc. Takes me back to the days of watching Wayne, Eddie and Kevin duke it out.

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,739 Posts
I'm just so amazed at why people keep asking why we hate JL, why we think he's always copying Rossi, ect, ect.

Please people, do you not watch MotoGP interviews, press conferences, and so on???

It's not that the fact that we think he's copying Rossi, he has a horrible bratty rich boy arrogant personality. If it was anybody else like Petrucci who was copying Rossi, we wouldn't care one bit.

And if Viñales just so happens to be faster than Rossi on the M1, again, we would not care one bit.

Just because he is a championship winner doesn't not make him a great person.

I feel it's safe to assume that people that call us Rossi fanboys and don't know why we hate JL so much are people who either don't really watch MotoGP (only watch races), have a bad judge or character, or are arrogant cry babies themselves. :dunno

Just a rant from reading the comments about JL trying Mercedes F1.

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
In keeping with the theme of this thread, it not only amazes me what a cunt JL is, but how his devout fans are worse bitches than what they accuse the Rossi fans of being.

Perfect example:

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
It was Rossi that got me interested in motogp back when he signed for yamaha in 2004 so I can feel safe in the fact what he did last year in Malaysia was not very sportsman like. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Lorenzo who rode someone wide I'd be the first to criticize him. Reason us Lorenzo fans like him is if you put all top 3 on same machine/tyres/track conditions he would b the smoothest and consistent. Marquez would be the wildest/fastest and Rossi more experienced/better race craft. If we all liked Rossi it'd be a boring world. Sure Lorenzo can come across arrogant on tv but its a sport not a popularity contest. Like to see how many would remain funny and jovial in that environment.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also if/when Vinales beats Rossi as team mates I hope the Rossifumi don't make death threats against his family/burn effigy's of him or boo him on the podium.
If Vinales beats Rossi clean and exhibits good sportsmanship, I'm sure he will get the respect that he will have earned and is due. If he beats him riding like an ass or is a dick about it, I'm sure he'll get what that earns you as well.

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
Also if/when Vinales beats Rossi as team mates I hope the Rossifumi don't make death threats against his family/burn effigy's of him or boo him on the podium.
If Vinales beats Rossi clean and exhibits good sportsmanship, I'm sure he will get the respect that he will have earned and is due. If he beats him riding like an ass or is a dick about it, I'm sure he'll get what that earns you as well.
Well we will find out in next 2 years one way or another. So who are you implying is riding as an ass???

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we will find out in next 2 years one way or another. So who are you implying is riding as an ass???
I was generalizing, no one specifically.

But, since this is the trash-talk thread, I think there were some that thought Simoncelli was reckless, as well as Marquez - particularly in his first two years in MotoGP, less so now. Need I mention Iannone? I don't think the same could be said about Lorenzo, I just think he's a dick. In general.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
13 Participants
P.K.1000r
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing