Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
Marquez was super reckless the first season or so in GP, but he seems to have matured quite a bit, he'll still make a risky move to get past, but I think he errs on the side of caution now. Luckily he seems to crash himself out more than others.

Bautista is another rider who takes people out when he crashes (Rossi in Mugello a few years ago, first corner. Baz and Miller in Mugello this year) How does this guy still have a ride?

Simoncelli was an accident waiting to happen, and sadly, it did.

Iannone is just a matter of time unless he smartens up.

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
If Honda listened to their riders and not let the engineers change their bikes every year Marquez would have continued his steamrolling of records/championships from 2013/14 and I dare say would surpass Rossi's magic #9.

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
If Honda listened to their riders and not let the engineers change their bikes every year Marquez would have continued his steamrolling of records/championships from 2013/14 and I dare say would surpass Rossi's magic #9.
IMO, Honda is suffering because of the change to spec ECU and software and the change to Michellins from Bridgestone, not because the engineers ruined the bike.

HRC has some of the best (if not THE best) engineers in all of MotoGP, the ECU they were using prior to last year was light years beyond the Magnetti Marelli ECU that they were forced to use.

·
Registered
340 Posts
IMO, Honda is suffering because of the change to spec ECU and software and the change to Michellins from Bridgestone, not because the engineers ruined the bike.

HRC has some of the best (if not THE best) engineers in all of MotoGP, the ECU they were using prior to last year was light years beyond the Magnetti Marelli ECU that they were forced to use.
bike development usually follows riders directions not only engineers new implementations.
In 2015 Honda suffered from the twist the development has undertaken when they started listening more from MM than from Dani. It made sense since MM was winning, but it appears he had not enough experience to drive the dev directions. So MM went back on some '14 parts during the season.

Now with 2016, as you said, things are just getting worse, particularly with traction because the Honda propriety electronics was way ahead or customized as what they have now.

·
Lorenzo #99
111 Posts
It made my day seeing poor Rossi trying to restart after crashing in the lead and the marshalls failing to help restart his m1. Also good to hear zero booing at the podium as Jackass is a deservedly new winner.

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
It made my day seeing poor Rossi trying to restart after crashing in the lead and the marshalls failing to help restart his m1. Also good to hear zero booing at the podium as Jackass is a deservedly new winner.
Yeah it's too bad he's not a loser who considered quitting because he wasn't doing well and was scared of crashing like your hero...

MotoGP News - MotoGP Assen: Lorenzo: I felt like quitting

·
Banned
522 Posts
I'm just so amazed at why people keep asking why we hate JL, why we think he's always copying Rossi, ect, ect.

Please people, do you not watch MotoGP interviews, press conferences, and so on???

It's not that the fact that we think he's copying Rossi, he has a horrible bratty rich boy arrogant personality. If it was anybody else like Petrucci who was copying Rossi, we wouldn't care one bit.

And if Viñales just so happens to be faster than Rossi on the M1, again, we would not care one bit.

Just because he is a championship winner doesn't not make him a great person.

I feel it's safe to assume that people that call us Rossi fanboys and don't know why we hate JL so much are people who either don't really watch MotoGP (only watch races), have a bad judge or character, or are arrogant cry babies themselves. :dunno

Just a rant from reading the comments about JL trying Mercedes F1.
"Don't really watch MotoGP (only watch races)

Watching the races is the whole point. That's the Show... The fastest men on the fastest bikes battling on the limit. The rest is all propaganda. Press conferences, sponsors, interviews, fan, or journalist, don't decide championships, races results do.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Watching Rossi shit the bed yet again was priceless. The ol' goat is sure to extend his championship drought to 7 years after squiddin about in the rain.
Even the marshalls couldn't be bothered with Rossi... lol

All while Marquez, and Lorenzo extend their points lead.

·
I miss my R1
2,977 Posts
Watching Rossi shit the bed yet again was priceless. The ol' goat is sure to extend his championship drought to 7 years after squiddin about in the rain.
Even the marshalls couldn't be bothered with Rossi... lol

All while Marquez, and Lorenzo extend their points lead.
While I will agree Marquez played the tactical game, if there weren't 7 retirements, JL would have scored the same as Rossi... 0.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
13 Participants
P.K.1000r
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing