Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Austin last year sat at turn 15 with the paddock pass. This year just doing GA. Who else is going?

Next serious question, who has been to Assen? I'm torn with deciding on a seat or going GA just to find the best spot to sit at. Any thoughts?

·
oh look.....supergal...
1,420 Posts
I did the COTA VIP last year with the paddock passes. They sold out this year AS I was going to buy them, so I had to go through MotoGP VIP Village. They claim 2 pit lane walks, and a paddock tour, and the 2 day pass gets you in on Friday and supposedly the VIP Village has paddock access too. It better!

For sitting at COTA, I like the main grandstand as it gives you a nice view of the final tur and the main straight. If you like to see closer then the turn 14/15/16 granstanads are decent, as they come thru there sorta slow, so it's great for photo taking. This photo was taken there

Curious if anyone has any COTA MotoGP VIP Village experience/stories?

·
Take the red pill
6,809 Posts
Went to Austin last year sat at turn 15 with the paddock pass. This year just doing GA. Who else is going?

Next serious question, who has been to Assen? I'm torn with deciding on a seat or going GA just to find the best spot to sit at. Any thoughts?
Get a seat @ Assen. It likes to rain there when GP visits. You want a seat that is covered @ the main grandstand.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Get a seat @ Assen. It likes to rain there when GP visits. You want a seat that is covered @ the main grandstand.
One of my concerns but also one of the reasons I can't wait to go in hopes of the same show that happened last year!

My cousin over in Amsterdam got us tickets in the Ossenbroek section. I believe it's covered but if not a bright yellow poncho for me and the wife.

Attachments

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
1,092 Posts
I agree 100%, I went in 2014 to Assen and it rained non-stop and I did not have a covered seat I was in the "Rossi" section. If I had to do it again I would definitely go with covered seats. Assen was not what I expected but, it was still a great experience and I still had a great time.

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
Main grandstand club level seating here. $179 for all three days if you call the track to purchase. Also gives you access to an enclosed air conditioned room. Parking is $40 for the weekend.

·
Chicken strips GONE!!
1,600 Posts
Hey guys I'll probably be there as I'm getting an extended vacation from work next month. My last race live there was way back still in Laguna Seca and will be a first at Austin so looking for tips here as well. I've checked a coouple of weeks back and the paddock passes were already sold out so wondering about the grandstands or GA as I've read elsewhere the sun can be merciless this time of the year there (never been to Austin btw).

Also looking for tips about the city. Any spot there a fellow sport biker would enjoy? Thinking about renting a bike instead of a car there don't know yet.

Will keep tabs on this post as I'm still looking for hotels and flights.

Cheers everybody!

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,920 Posts
I tried for that yamaha r1m hospitality event, but everyone and their mother replied to the email taking the 40 spots. I missed it due to being at a track day. I called and they said sorry, all sold out. Well after the time to pay call was made, a good chunk of them backed out.

I purchased my COTA tix from the website, an hour later yamaha sent me an email asking if I was still interested. fak off.... I got a better deal with cota, without some of the yamaha perks tho. That is ok tho because I got open bar!! So if anyone going, look for the drunk a$$hole heckling MM and 99.

·
Flying with the Raven.
100 Posts
i will be there with VIP tickets from Crutchlow. We built him a road bike and he offered some VIP tickets. I need to work out where to get them and what they get me, but I am beyond excited as it is my first GP event.

maybe ill end up at turn 15, it sounds like "the spot".

i plan to be at the track friday-sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
back from the dead
116 Posts
Has anyone recieved an email that their COTA tickets are ready to download? So far I haven't and the race is coming up in a week and 1/2...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts