Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver 04 R1, want to replace body work with Motogp colors/themes. Any suggestions.
My Silver bodywork is like new. Bike has 10k miles
looking for prepainted, pre drilled, ready to install kit.
Are ABS Fairings.com good, and others. Want to spend under $1000.
Don't want junk. I like FIAT, Camel, Monster Energy, Petronas themes.
HELP

·
652 Posts
i bought fairing set white from china; i forget the cost; either $350 or $450, after one year (garaged) it turning yellow

·
Registered
189 Posts
A guy I use to ride with bought the Fiat then crashed and bought the Monster Energy, he said there were some minor fitting issues, all in all they look pretty good. I guess it depends on what manufacturer. There is a company that would put an add up on this forum , and the offer replica paint work , from Italy and quality stuff. I am not sure on the price but you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABS Fairings.com claim to supply Japanese quality ABS. Other than that I, unfortunately, have no experience with their products. I would very much hope to hear from others that have. Also, OEM fairings appear to be made of PP (polypropylene) and not ABS.

What I can share with you is my recent inspection of a painted fairing set for a R1 5JJ. The set was a non-OEM from China. All parts were put into one big box with no structural support. Top fairing and rear end had broken parts. The top fairing had actually folded due to other parts being laid on top and several parts had abrasive scuff marks due to shipping. All fairing parts were ABS and of subpar production quality. The paint job was at best ok except for fact that it was done in a dusty environment. The only part that looked great was the windshield. That part was free and came with the set.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want to use your stock bodywork,you can get moto gp and superbike graphics kits , just Google it! If you want it painted there are a few places that specialize in motorcycles if you get a graphics kit ( decal set ) use little bit of dish soap in a spray bottle and force the the soapy water and air bubbles from the center going out wards in all directions! Then have it clears coated . Thats what is on my bike , but I didn't use all of the decal set!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Both sets that my buddy got were packaged really well ,and the painting was pretty good ,I was surprised. Unfortunately they never last very long , being that he crash so much at the track, a loooooooot, lol!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey man looks the mutts’

where did you get that rear cowl
From, is that custom?
Yes sir it's custom, its a combination of a streetfighter tail and a 05 r1 tailsection, as I wanted a look all my own! Laco moto makes a moto gp tail for the 04 thru 06 R1's! If you want something unique you can buy like rs 250 or any brand of tailsection 250 cc on up to 1000cc and there is the suter tail section , but needs to be combined with a 04 thru 06 R1 tail, and can be alot of work, I am going to make a mold and another tail incase I crash! This is what it looks like from behind , this was taken years ago and after the first test ride of my bike. My plan is to do a side exhaust and get rid of the dual underside exhaust and fiberglass the underside of the tail closed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts