Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
On noes!? Cancel my order ASAP, how am I ever gonna impress the posers and the bench racers now? :icon_rolleyes:
Stickers and a mohawk helmet!! Problem solved.

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
Right now is one of them moments when I am bloody happy to be European...

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
i'm going to take a wild guess n' say those numbers are 'corrected values'? they're much lower than anything we've actually seen prints for {"he said she said" doesnt count btw }, likely the print out on post above is closer to reality...

Right now is one of them moments when I am bloody happy to be European...
:lol :finger

· Registered
125 Posts
Motorcyclist Magazine posted their dyno test results on the 2015. Peak bhp was decent, but not great, at 167.7. Looks like not much is going on until 7000rpm
What happened to their claimed 197 hp everyone was raving about several months ago? 167 hp is only a few hp more than my '08 1000RR. What a letdown.

Maybe I'll wait and see what, if anything, Honda has up their sleeve for next year.

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
No surprise. Their dyno is known to be conservative. Ari Henning has even stated as much.

Low 170s for a US bike seems to be more typical.

So yeah, no big deal.

· Registered
1,774 Posts
By the chart they gained top end and killed mid range :whtfu:
You cannot keep seeing "mid range at 4000 rpm" while the engine revs higher and higher.
Fact is: Max torque at 8500, peak HP at 13500, that is a HUGE power window!
And yes, it would be nice to see the power rise earlier, but this is due to noise restrictions and not a limitation of the engine.

· Registered
485 Posts
Dyno Racing :argue:shake

The 2013 HP4 with a FULL Akra pipe made just 177 hp when tested on the same Motorcyclist dyno...

MCN recorded only 7 hp difference between the S1000RR and R1...

Akrapovic only shows a 3-4hp difference between stock 2015 "EURO" Beemer and Yamaha...

Graves racing shows HUGE gains in midrange after reflashing the ECU and adding their exhaust...

IMHO - What I would really like to see published is the AVERAGE Hp from 50% to 100% RPM (redline) That number would have much more relevance than peak hp!

· Registered
41 Posts
Dyno's are good to compare baseline to how much you're getting at each point in tuning and modification. They all read differently.

Anyway, below is my bike yesterday. California emission 2015 R1 on Arizona 91 Craptane gas. 171 RWHP. The graph wasn't pulled out so it only shows to where we made peak power at 12.5K rpm. Which makes sense, if you check out the ECU map, after 12.5K the stock tune shuts throttle from 100% down to 82%. They neutered this bike below 8k and above 12.5k on stock tune.

We'll see what the exhaust and tune do on the same crap gas haha.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.