Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Lean wit' it, Rock wit' it
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,273 Posts
pricey yes... worth it, yes. have them tested them and the only brand I would go with. They really put a lot of thought into the construction and materials used so they don't fail and rip apart or dig in on impact. It really is too bad about the price though because I think that scares a lot of riders away who end up with a lesser product that usually doesn't hold up.

· R1-aholic.
264 Posts
They are by far THE best sliders I have used (currently using them and bar ends on my'02). My OCD made me research just about every slider brand out there - these guys have the best product by far. They also have some pretty damn outstanding customer service when the time comes to order. Overall I am totally impressed by them as a company and will be using their sliders from here on out on any bike I own.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Motovation frame sliders and clutch sliders on my 07, the quality is great. The mounting points and base are much stronger than others on the market.

May I ask, where did you buy yours from and were they cheaper than the $216? And did you get the clutch slider that has the metal rod and the second slider for the left side?

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
If your not going to be doing more than 120 or so your fine with the cheaper ones, I don't think theres that much of a difference.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your not going to be doing more than 120 or so your fine with the cheaper ones, I don't think theres that much of a difference.
If I go down in excess of 120mph the LAST thing I would be worried about is if I went with the Motovation sliders compared to some other sliders. And at that speed i'm sure no slider will help!!!

· Shamalama Dingdong
226 Posts
+1 on motovation everything! They are pricer than the rest, but are the best. Before buying my frame sliders, I did a LOT of research on this, and other forums... motovation was the ONE brand which stood out above all the rest and recieved 100% positive reviews everytime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.