Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Anyone out there motovlog? I'd be keen to hear what you would like to see or what would be interesting. I've just started and doing videos on how to setup motovlogging GoPro's, gimbles etc. at the moment, but keen to do some good videos that people actually want to watch.

Any thoughts or ideas would be gratefully recieved.

I have a brand new R1 2018 - so would love to do some useful videos covering frequent questions - something more useful than just me on the road chattering on about something random :)

Let me know,

Thanks for your help,

Graeme

P.S. The current channel is www.techmoto.bike - feel free to give feedback - good or bad.

·
11,774 Posts
I personally don't want video evidence of my rides in certain situations. No reason to do the cops job for them.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,240 Posts
moto V-logging tends to bore me lately.. it ranges from crappy product reviews to riding around town in a straight line, surrounded by traffic. :lol

some of these dudes ramble on about nothing and generally dont have a clue themselves,
they often go for stupid cheesy behavior. i'd be embarrassed to post some of that shit.

kid who's never owned anything bigger than an R3 (last summer) suddenly riding around on a Venture or Eluder.. uhm, no. :(

i'm interested in the filming/ editing process but as posted above, it can be fuel for ammunition from the popo.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,377 Posts
I've probably watched a total of 30 minutes worth of vlogs in my life. Not something that interests me.
I will watch reviews by reputable reviewers.

·
Super Moderator
24,345 Posts
Amazing that 11 people actually subscribed to your channel... I'm not one of them. Listening to people babble on about this or that is no interest to me. But hey... you do what you do. :crash

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
basically just ride around like a **** head babbling about bullshit no one cares about and bitch about everything like the cars around you. maybe some uninformed opinions about pro's and cons of bikes or products. exadurate all your video titles to make it sound interesting. i think that covers just about all the ingredients for a good motovlog.

·
The Doctor's Assistant
694 Posts
Some motovlogs are made for the sole purpose of entertainment. Example Walterrific, the guy is funny so if you've got the time and want a laugh then why not. Others are just toolbags trying to do stupid shit and getting away with it. Others have morphed from doing generic motovlogs to doing 'smackdowns' (street drag races) and then more into bike builds, and track riding, Example: 650ib, who also recorded his VIP experience at the COTA GP which was very entertaining for those who have never been.

If I were to give you some advice, it would be find your niche because there is so many motovloggers out there and you will get lost if you don't provide something that is both high quality and different.

Good Luck

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
How about getting a real job?!

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
221 Posts
WOW, u guys are harsh...funny as hell but harsh.

At the end of the day, your content is yours and you have to own it. It is your channel. What ever you do, be you and don't try to be someone you are not. Also don't get discouraged about subscribers and comments. The days of blowing up as a motovlogger are long gone because the space is saturated. My point is vlog because u enjoy the process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did motovlogging for a bit... All I really did was record my riding trips and make some videos from the footage I gathered. I did it for fun and to have video to share. I never expected anything to come from it. I just wanted to have fun with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts