Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Red 04 R1 today and put about 60 miles on her, but then the weather flipped so I had to get home. The only other liter bike I can compare it is a 02 GSXR 1000. I like the feel of the R1 alot better. Feels more tight and compact. Not like a 600 but smaller than the GSXR. As for power I only got it up to 10k once and it was moving then, but other than that I kept it in the 6k range. My only complaint is the mid-range torque. It doesn't seem to have the umph that the GSXR did in the lower RPM range. But as soon as I hit 8k it really kicked in. Like I said I only did it once because I am breaking the engine in slowly, but I bet once I get her broken in and loosened up a bit, she is really going to scream. Hopefully I will get it broken in soon and will write up a post another post later. Here are some pics:

Me on my baby:

Attachments

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,530 Posts
congrats bro!

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
Good luck man she's sexy

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ImagineParadise said:
LOL still got the hemlet stick on. LOL
What is a hemlet stick?? Anyways I will be doing an oil change tonight, and getting rid of that big nasty peice in the back, all the warning stickers, and I might be taking all the Yamaha and R1's stickers off, but don't know about this yet.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,249 Posts
sweet ... she's a beauty.... now take the stickers off the tank.. hahahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts