Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys got the 04 today finally. I spent 3 hours modding it and getting it to my likeing before I even wrote them the check for it. Sorry the pics arent too great I took them tonight but I will get some good ones tomorrow in the sunlight. I have taken off the fender, removed the turning signals, added my graves exhaust, put in my new running lamps, removed passenger pegs, added yamaha spools, and put her on my yamaha swing arm stand. Hope you guys like the pics!

Travis

http://www.venomoussvt.com/pages/R1/r1.html

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
Very nice, lookin' good

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goodriddance said:
thats bad ass man...what did the graves run you if you dont mind?
It retails for 900 I think....most of the local shops are selling it for about 950 because there is only a few to be bought right now. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and the yamaha dealer Hooked me up big time. I used to work there, so they pretty much gave me the same discount I got as an employee. I cant post my price because it would be very close to cost and would be unfair to post that online. But it sounds awesome. I had the pipes and all on before I even had a battery in the bike.

·
'01 Gixxer 1000 to '04 R1
122 Posts
nice!!!!
how do those pipes sound? i ordered them 2 days ago and cant wait to hear them

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mazzella04R1 said:
nice!!!!
how do those pipes sound? i ordered them 2 days ago and cant wait to hear them
they sound amazing! They are extremely deep sounding and a good bit louder than stock. They are not loud enough to have a nasty raspy sound and the nice thing is the exhaust being right below you and far back most of your volume doesn't annoy you the whole time you ride all though it is more than enough to remind you how great it sounds the whole time it is running!

·
r1 noob
115 Posts
sweet bike! the graves exhaust looks badass. im still not sure if i should go w/ a titanium like the graves or carbon like the bos. btw are those swing arm spools from the dealer too? pickin up my silver 04 tommorow.. very excited!

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richierich51oh said:
sweet bike! the graves exhaust looks badass. im still not sure if i should go w/ a titanium like the graves or carbon like the bos. btw are those swing arm spools from the dealer too? pickin up my silver 04 tommorow.. very excited!
the spools and stand are in the Yamaha catalog but you might want to order the spools ASAP they are on and off back order too much right now. I got mine in and they ordered a few more sets and were on backorder. They called and 2 sets got shipped and they went on back order again.

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
roblei1 said:
I dont think those pipes look nearly as good as the two brothers.
they look too big and out of place. but thats jmo
Its all good we all have our opinions but I don't see how they are big and out of place...they are smaller than the stockers and are actually the smallest diameter muffler i have seen yet. My two brothers on my 2000 r1 was a big gaudy thing. I liked it but it wasn't near the quality of graves or akrapovic!

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
two bros. has the worst quality and least performance benefit of any slip on company in the market. the worst. save your money for anything but a two mothers.

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
what is the diameter and length of the baffles/cores in the graves pipes. I am going to modfy some 04 slip-ons as soon as they hit ebay.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
Its all good we all have our opinions but I don't see how they are big and out of place...they are smaller than the stockers and are actually the smallest diameter muffler i have seen yet. My two brothers on my 2000 r1 was a big gaudy thing. I liked it but it wasn't near the quality of graves or akrapovic!
I'm with roblei1. All the aftermarket cans that I've seen seem to stick out too far--they don't follow the lines of the bike. They might look good on a 916/996/998 because of their squared off tail, but on the new R1 with its pointy tail, they just don't look right to me. I'll stick with stock until someone makes a tapered or angled set of cans. My 2¢.

Nice bike, though. I see you got rid of the turn signals. You going to lose the mirrors as well?

·
Speed & Style
286 Posts
I was looking at the second picture and couldn't figure out why the headlight looked strange. It looks like there's some kinda fluid in there.

·
bananafishbones
101 Posts
Those cans are the way to go with the blue bike. Not sure why, but I wouldn't change the silver. Haven't seen the red in person but probably not on that color either.

But for the blue (saw one live two days ago) it is perfect!!

Thanks for upping the pics :yesnod

·
res ipsa loquitur
251 Posts
cobra-r1 said:
I was looking at the second picture and couldn't figure out why the headlight looked strange. It looks like there's some kinda fluid in there.
Probably just a reflection considering the projector beam surface is curved. My car headlights are projector beam and I've noticed roughly the same thing in a picture I took of them.

·
'01 Gixxer 1000 to '04 R1
122 Posts
im getting the full system from graves but i am having them ceramic or powder coated satin black to match the frame and swingarm,then just pop rivet the emblems back on. that will look bad ass!!!!! what do u think?

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MACH1SMO said:
I'm with roblei1. All the aftermarket cans that I've seen seem to stick out too far--they don't follow the lines of the bike. They might look good on a 916/996/998 because of their squared off tail, but on the new R1 with its pointy tail, they just don't look right to me. I'll stick with stock until someone makes a tapered or angled set of cans. My 2¢.

Nice bike, though. I see you got rid of the turn signals. You going to lose the mirrors as well?
Thats cool..I never thought about it that way. They do stick some in the back bt I guess it doesnt mess up the body line to me thats why I still like it. I had to take the mirrors off, that to me sticks out like a sore thumb and ruins body lines for me. But for some reason I have always liked the stock mirrirs with the long thin stalk and have never removed them on my bikes. I guess on this one I will leave the stock mirrors as well.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts