Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in a very small town, but I live off the highway. Fortunately, the stores here have cameras and are letting me review footage. The sherriff's department just asked for the vin and a picture and told me they'd try. Didn't interview any of my neighbors or ask for any footage from the stores.

I'm upset, but hopeful.

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it guys. I'll keep you all updated. Reviewing footage at 3pm today. It's password protected.

I hope they were dumb enough to just put it on an open trailer or in an open truck so I can see it.

Venom X/O
Most criminals are. Bring the full force of the law brother. (And vigilance outside the law after. Fvck em)

just kidding鈥. Maybe鈥 Na I鈥檓 kidding鈥 probably

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they come back for the r6 or the harley or the Suzuki, I've got something for them. Trust me.

I'm also going to press the da not to deal if we catch them. They gonna learn something.

Assuming we catch them.

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about it. What insurance company did you have? Hopefully, they will make it good for you. I hope they catch the dirt bags too...

Nevermore
Man that sucks! Hope you find it. Sharp looking bike. Did they break in your garage?

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had it outside. Got in late. Left it where I've parked it a million times before.

Like I said, I live in a small town.

Horsepower whisperer
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
This is why I put comprehensive cover on vehicles that only have liability coverage.
Cheap and covers theft, fire and deer strikes.

That blows. Hope you get some help from the cops. Sounds like they are shrugging it off.

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It still hasn't been reported as stolen by the sheriff's department so I'll go check their impound in the morning. Maybe they decided to tow it out of my driveway for some reason...

@#$%

@#$%, @#$%, @#$%

At the very least I'll talk to the sherriff's department again in the morning.

Just Me.
That's crazy. I'd be more than angry. I'd be ready to...

Hold your head - !

Nevermore
Wow! It takes some balls to be riding around a stolen bike. Looks like karma got him.

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the sherriff's department threw away my statement. That fills me with trust...

File another one I guess...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts