Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They told me they registered it as stolen, but, it ain't showing on the nicb database...

The Sheriff's deputy that took my statement (and lost it initially, then conveniently asked me to fill out another one after a chat with one of the state troopers at a gas station) is a real piece of work. I have no faith in him and he speaks volumes to the dedication and professionalism of the department (after hearing his interactions with other officers, he seems to be par for the course).

I understand that property theft is not so serious to law enforcement. I also understand that law enforcement relies on the ineptitude of criminals to solve cases. That doesn't mean they should fail to investigate at all, or at the very least actually report the vehicle stolen.

I'm, super bummed.

Super Moderator
Stealing horses used to be a hanging offense in TX. A bike is just a mechanical horse. Catch the thief and provide him with some frontier justice.

My R1 eats chip & seal.
2002 R1, custom paint, a number of previous owners who were hard on the bike
@Loose, seems like Karma to me. Good riddance for the lowlife. As for 'numbers', sounds like you getting the screwed in your small town. Personally I'd be putting as many feelers out as I could, and bring my Glock when checking any solid contacts.
But that's just me. (another small town livin' guy where the tweekers are hitting houses in the middle of town and never getting busted).

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My house trusts in Smith and Wesson, but I get your point. Trust me, I am doing my part. It's not in town, and I think it made the trip to Dallas. I've been checking the impound yards in a 250 mile radius every day and I've been contacting repair shops and motorcycle recyclers to ask if anyone has either tried to sell an '08 or brought in parts for an '08. Since I have more machines, I'm staying awake at night and sleeping after my wife gets home from work before she passes out so eyes are always open.

They assigned my case to an investigator today, but he seems to think I should have a suspect pool. You know, because I live in a small town. I get it, but I live right off of us 377. A major highway between fort worth and stephenville. That and everyone here already volunteered their camera footage and checked their neighborhood for it and it isn't in town. We are a close knit community and if it were here, it would have been returned by now and a beatdown would have been issued. I assure you.

Since his email seemed hopeless that the investigation would be fruitful I composed an email with pointers on how to find my bike. I also explained that it was probably the only '08 with 04-06 gytr cans on it and shared some pictures with diagrams I made showing the swingarm, bodywork and crankcase differences as well as pointing out the brake calipers changed.

Hopefully that information makes it to the right people and if it is in the country it can be found.

If it is in the metroplex, it's just a matter of time till they blow the engine and ditch it, so, it'll be impounded and I'll get a call.

Maybe they can wreck it doing a buck eighty and I can keep it in my back yard in memoriam. Who knows.

If any of you guys know anyone selling an 07-08 r1, '05 gsxr thou or something of that nature for not a whole lot of money, it looks like I'm in the market. All I ask is that it have a straight frame and that the wheels be trueish.

Anyhow, thanks again for everyone's well wishes and I appreciate it.

If you get board, help me look for the cans being sold on line or the rims or the engine.

Venom X/O
My house trusts in Smith and Wesson, but I get your point. Trust me, I am doing my part. It's not in town, and I think it made the trip to Dallas. I've been checking the impound yards in a 250 mile radius every day and I've been contacting repair shops and motorcycle recyclers to ask if anyone has either tried to sell an '08 or brought in parts for an '08. Since I have more machines, I'm staying awake at night and sleeping after my wife gets home from work before she passes out so eyes are always open.

They assigned my case to an investigator today, but he seems to think I should have a suspect pool. You know, because I live in a small town. I get it, but I live right off of us 377. A major highway between fort worth and stephenville. That and everyone here already volunteered their camera footage and checked their neighborhood for it and it isn't in town. We are a close knit community and if it were here, it would have been returned by now and a beatdown would have been issued. I assure you.

Since his email seemed hopeless that the investigation would be fruitful I composed an email with pointers on how to find my bike. I also explained that it was probably the only '08 with 04-06 gytr cans on it and shared some pictures with diagrams I made showing the swingarm, bodywork and crankcase differences as well as pointing out the brake calipers changed.

Hopefully that information makes it to the right people and if it is in the country it can be found.

If it is in the metroplex, it's just a matter of time till they blow the engine and ditch it, so, it'll be impounded and I'll get a call.

Maybe they can wreck it doing a buck eighty and I can keep it in my back yard in memoriam. Who knows.

If any of you guys know anyone selling an 07-08 r1, '05 gsxr thou or something of that nature for not a whole lot of money, it looks like I'm in the market. All I ask is that it have a straight frame and that the wheels be trueish.

Anyhow, thanks again for everyone's well wishes and I appreciate it.

If you get board, help me look for the cans being sold on line or the rims or the engine.
I鈥檝e been looking on the ebays daily to see if anything pops up. A

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm pretty sure I heard her start at my neighbor's house this morning and head north on the highway.

That puts him past the convenience store, so he should be on camera!

God I hope he smiled for it.

Wish me luck, I think I got that ass!!!

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Damn sure will. I never assume the worst in people and I knew my neighbors son was recently released from prison. The fact that he just got out and that everyone knows you don't shit where you eat made me cross him off the list out of hand.

He has been trying to sell me his busted up pos honda for a few days, well, las night at around 2 I heard a couple of pops from a liter bike. At about six, I heard what sounds like my baby snap off and rip to about 70 in first. Never did hear home skillet shift.

I'm assuming he went to work. The store called the po po and the trooper scoped his house super hard and turned towards where he works. I'm hoping he makes it back to his house so I can park at the bank with a clear view of his garage and call the sheriff's department and skip the impound fee.

I'm also hoping the recover my ignition. I want to keep my key, you know?

I'm super pumped about this. Don't get me wrong, I wish it hadn't happened, but, I want my baby back.

When it hits the paper I will link it here.

God i hope he didn't score a k5 gsxr or something and I'm just being a dick.

He didn't mention a new bike while he was trying to sell me his rat bike though, so i feel somewhat justified in making an assumption.

Venom X/O
if true, hang him for everything you can and show no mercy to the fvck

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Going to check the footage at the store. Looks like he rode something else back in. He left on mine at 6:03 and he returned on something else at 10:20.

That puts my bike in waco or ft worth. Hopefully they can get a warrant for his text messages and Facebook conversations or just billy beat the **** out of him until he gives it up.

Or, maybe the person that traded with him will try to register it and that will make a hit on the nic.

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nothing on the footage, I guess I'll try something else. The camera for the loading dock was, disabled...

Registered
'08 r1
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'm pretty sure it was ineptitude, not malice. Somebody threw shit on it while they were closed. That doesn't seem like malice to me. More like a career criminal.

I'm gonna see if I can grab the plate off the trade. Vin if I can. Gonna play dumb.

Hopefully I can get to it before he flips that too till he feels safely removed from the theft.

I hate scumbags.

Just Me.
Crazy sit-tia-ation, you know?

Just Me.
Any ideas how to proceed bud? I'm all ears.
You're in Texas. I'm in Philly. Two completely different cultures. Two completely different ways of handling things. The way people handle sh!t here in Philly, 馃槵 - I don't think Texas want parts. I can't elaborate much further. Philly is damn near on par with Chicago this and last year. Not cool at all. Prayerfully the problems here are getting fixed.

Go talk directly with the neighbor. Maybe this might help. Keep this in mind:

...and then listen to the last verse on this by Sheek. When you're hit with new life situations, you have to think on how to proceed! That goes for each of us.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts