Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I talk to him daily. He hasn't told me he stole my motorcycle...

Be kind of hard to get the vin if he has traded it if he were adversarial.

If I had caught the man red handed, he'd be drilled full of holes and filled full of lead.

As it is, I don't want to go off half cocked. I need to get the facts absolutely straight and crystal clear.

·
Just Me.
573 Posts
That's exactly why I posted what I posted.

Me personally, and yes, this is exactly how I move at times if warrented; as soon as I heard a liter bike start up, I would've grabbed my phone, ran to the source or a window with good visibility, confirmed what was going on with my own two imagery absorbers, recorded it, and... then I'd be positing a different type of poetry.

·
RIP Our Friend
21,668 Posts
Good luck. I really hope your able to get it recovered without damage.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That's exactly why I posted what I posted.

Me personally, and yes, this is exactly how I move at times if warrented; as soon as I heard a liter bike start up, I would've grabbed my phone, ran to the source or a window with good visibility, confirmed what was going on with my own to imagery absorbers, recorded it, and... then I'd be positing a different type of poetry.
Bud, if you can run down a liter bike on foot, you're a bad mo fo. By the time I was out the door, it was around the corner and down the way.

·
Just Me.
573 Posts
It's not even about running it down. I'm not sure the layout of your community, but me knowing me, and knowing my (my = 1202067's bike) bike was just stolen, any motorcycle sounds would put me straight on alert. If it was garaged, I would have at least a solid 10 seconds to either get to a window or out the door. Trust me. I can do that.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's not even about running it down. I'm not sure the layout of your community, but me knowing me, and knowing my (my = 1202067's bike) bike was just stolen, any motorcycle sounds would put me straight on alert. If it was garaged, I would have at least a solid 10 seconds to either get to a window or out the door. Trust me. I can do that.
Like you said, you don't know the layout. This squid was running and gone in 3 seconds. Part of what led me to believe it might be my bike.

I did vent a little about my neighbor. I may regret accusing him on a message board. I just want my bike back.

I thought I heard it.

I have 3 other bikes and I'm sleeping like shit. I don't want to lose another one.

I hear you though bud. And I'm sure if it was you things would be different. Because, we are different.

Again, I just want my bike back.

·
Just Me.
573 Posts
Did you get a chance to look at the plate or inspect the VIN of the bike he came back with?

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It's Sunday, I'll hit him up tomorrow after work.

If he'd had it out today I would have asked about it. He hasn't.

·
Just Me.
573 Posts
Damn, I thought this was the post I was waiting for where you told us you got it back.

I understand your anger and pain.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Damn. Sorry for your loss. Follow him in hopes that he parks in public somewhere. Snap a pic of the VIN, plates, etc.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Could always bait him with the R6...do a stakeout.
He is super sketched out. Won't look at me or talk to me. It's out of his garage, but, he knows I know. His reaction when I confronted him told me everything I need to know.

I'm just hoping the person he sold it to after he replaced the ignition tries to register it.

They'll be using a bonded title, so, he will be made whole assuming he didn't pay too much. I'll ask the cops to do a line up when and if it comes up.

I've had the harley and the r6 out and staked for 2 weeks now.

·
Nevermore
1,233 Posts
Nice! Karma strikes again. Hopefully not too damaged.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 64 Posts