Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I’d share the progress of one my project’s during the last few months.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Removed the pair, abs system (what a pain in the ass), flapper, key switch and switch packs.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rearsets, clipons, exhaust and ecm.
wheels and slicks
Brake rotors and pads
Started fitting the plastics
Blipper

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Looking good. What bodywork are running? Also, Would love to get your thoughts on the Ohlins race kit for the M forks. Report back after you get it dialed in this weekend. Have fun!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking good. What bodywork are running? Also, Would love to get your thoughts on the Ohlins race kit for the M forks. Report back after you get it dialed in this weekend. Have fun!
The front end felt great, along with the rear end. My end result was to “work” a lot less mid turn and under heavy breaking after a long straight carrying more speed, I got it. I had DMT dial it in. I’m happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
The front end felt great, along with the rear end. My end result was to “work” a lot less mid turn and under heavy breaking after a long straight carrying more speed, I got it. I had DMT dial it in. I’m happy with the results.
Thanks for the feedback! I've heard that the race kit gives you an extra 10mm of fork travel, is that correct? Also, did your run auto or manual in your ERS settings? I've seen Dave put a few people on the manual setting.

Glad to hear you got it dialed in and are happy!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I've heard that the race kit gives you an extra 10mm of fork travel, is that correct? Also, did your run auto or manual in your ERS settings? I've seen Dave put a few people on the manual setting.

Glad to hear you got it dialed in and are happy!
I do have more stroke (that’s what she says!!) and I’m running my suspension in manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts