Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
He's on a dynojet kit bro, not the stock setup.

Thanks bud, I do try to help, and @Svennie is definitely contributing to the forum as well, things appear to be all right in the universe.

What settings are you running on the jet kit? How many turns do you have on each air screw? What pilot jet do you have installed? Where is your needle clip set? What main jet are you running? These factors will help in diagnosis of your issue. My gut instinct is to tell you to either open your fuel air screw, or to step your pilot up one size depending on the fuel air screw setting, but again, it may be the fuel pump.

Download a copy of the service manual HERE and look for the section on fuel delivery, it should outline a test procedure for the fuel pump. Follow it to the letter.
I'm certain the fuel pump did get looked at 1202067 cheers bro and that was one of the things in working order as there was many things that needed a going over ill take some pictures of everyhthing me and my friend done ill also chuck some pictures up of the bike itself so you can see what I've been up against here. I'm not willing to give up on the old girl yet as she can still put most motors and most bikes a good country mile behind her plus I'm old school guys I don't like those computers taking all the fun out of the ride and the bonus ball I do love a classic lol. Ill be honest though it is a work in progress but Its something to get done for next summer I'm going for the full yamaha blue as at the moment it's a few different blues but like I said previously it's a work in progress and it's running good enough for some fun just before the cold weather hits here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Here's the old girl here I still need to get some pictures of it just now but I'll get those up later on. its been shall we say an eventful journey to say the least.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The back has been modified so the back undertray doesn't have the big round tail lights i think it looks better and I wanted something different to the usual lol ive also stuck a set of l.e.d Indicators on it. ill get some other pictures up shortly so you can see what I mean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Fresh out the Mrs kitchen. Excuse the dirt it does need a clean guys but she doesn't look too bad atall. I'm going for all the Same colour for starters then upgrading the headlights is next as thats about the only thing on it thats like it was back in 1999 there horrendous. I'd be better strapping an l.e.d torch on the front my helmet rather than using the lights yamaha have supplied on this as the bulbs are worse than what you'd find on the Christmas tree so I've orderd some l.e.d upgrades hopefully when they decide to arrive ill be able to see where I'm going at night :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Anyone know where I can get a wells sw518 switch in the UK or over the pond prefer the UK I've been hunting everywhere and can't seem to find one! Any help would be grand guys.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,790 Posts
Currently unavailable mate already tried amazon thanks though.
Well @#$%. It showed available on my screen. I'll do a little more digging.

One suggestion would be to drop by a local shop and see if they have or can source one.

Support brick and mortar while it's an option bud. There may come a time when it isn't if no one does.

Edit: it does indeed show unavailable on my end now. That sucks.

·
Is there anybody out there?
4,248 Posts

Mark

41 - 53 of 53 Posts