Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
522 Posts
well installed my new ohlins forks and proti caliper bolts.. it`s looking really nice mated to my custom frentubo lines. :jump:

Then since I got so much lightech stuff decided to go with their remote brake adjuster. Then Installed the superbike carbon tank shroud too. (Special thanks to Mani @MotoMillion who personally delivered the proti bolts and the tank shroud... cannot recommend him enough for all your motorcycle modifying needs).

Think my next step is that underslung caliper kit... though the H20 performance radiator has been sitting in an online shopping cart far too long now...
how difficult was the install on the PZ racing GPS lap timer? Is the wiring harness long enough to give some flexibility on where to mount the GPS module? Is that translucent switch sitting where the ignition normally is part of the setup, or is that something else? thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
how difficult was the install on the PZ racing GPS lap timer? Is the wiring harness long enough to give some flexibility on where to mount the GPS module? Is that translucent switch sitting where the ignition normally is part of the setup, or is that something else? thanks in advance
The lap timer has to be wired behind the dash, if you have basic electrical wiring skills it is not too hard. The thing about the gps module is that, it doesn't like the tft dash screen nor the GoPro. They usually recommend to install it on the top of the triple tree. We've been selling these for the past 4-5 years and rarely do see issues. Some people even extend the cables and tail mount them.

You can get them directly from here: https://www.motomillion.com/collections/yamaha-r1/products/pzracing-laptronic-gps-lap-timer-for-oem-dashboards-lp400

Use R1FORUM at checkout as the discount code to get the forum discount.

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
As Mani mentioned on some bikes it takes wiring behind the dash but on the 2015-17 R1 It needs to be wired to the xenon headlight harness if you still have the oem wire harness and not the YEC. It´s 4 cables and with basic electrical skills it´s done super fast.

You can find the headlight harness on the left side of your bike. You need to remove the left side fairing and you will see it.
Just unplug it and you can find the correct wires as per instructions there.

The cable is long enough to move around but it needs to be in a horizontal position looking at the sky away from the dash so IMO the best place to put it is the triple tree.

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
installed the new tank shroud, some titanium here and there and the new exhaust. Thinking about motor work now or maybe that SBU swingarm... :hellobye

Attachments

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
After a long wait... I finally received my new SPRINT Factory carbon intake kit. I can´t thank Mani @MotoMillion enough. He has been chasing this for me since it was announced by sprint that they had been working with the PATA Yamaha SSTK team on this kit.

It´s a gorgeous piece and the carbon fiber looks amazing. It came with a P16 filter that I will be testing against a MWR WSBK filter soon. The shape of the intake has been completely redesigned to improve power/speed. I have removed the oem one and compared(you can see in the pics). The oem piece weighs 3.75 pounds.. the SPRINT 0.75 pounds. 3 pounds saved there!.

Since I got IMA triples on my bike the bracket to mount the steering damper is a bit different and it won´t let me fit the intake tube properly so I´m currently trying to figure out a solution :icon_sad::bash:

** the oem intake in the pic has a fiberglass part that is used to attach to my race fairings(instead of the plastic oem piece).

Attachments

·
My R1 is my Pacemaker
567 Posts
Damn that's the only thing that held me from scooping the other one he had...that breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
You should try the Domino throttle.
I had it already. Was the first throttle kit on my bike(think you can see it on the first pages of this thread). The biggest reel of the Domino made no difference on shortening the throw so I decided to go to the motionpro which I´m fine with except for the stupid rubber boot.

Glad that the domino does work great on the previous model... I miss that build quality.

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Damn that's the only thing that held me from scooping the other one he had...that breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yeah and it really looks amazing in person. Pictures do it no justice. It´s really a full blown race part. It doesn´t even have the holes for the IAT sensor..(which I´m trying to figure out where to put). Plus it´s so light that I wouldn´t feel comfortable having this piece having to hold the weight of the whole lighting system like the oem intake tube does.

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
carbon fiber.... yum!

Plus got me the ftecu race package thanks to feedback from my friend from Costa Rica. Damn there is so much stuff to play with and so little info!

Dyno tuning tomorrow too..

Attachments

101 - 120 of 151 Posts
About this Discussion
150 Replies
32 Participants
Buttafewcoe
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing