Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Spent half a day yesterday at the track setting the bike up. The swingarm was a huge difference IMO. A lot more traction mid/exit corner. I can´t wait to do more tests this coming Sunday. So far so good.

I also managed to install today (after waiting for 3 months) my Evol Tech steering damper relocator.

Attachments

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
hello!
So I´ve been busy prepping up doing routine maintenance on the bike to get her ready for the first race next month. Trying out some castrol power1 and hopefully soon my YEC plugs will get here to get that out of the way.

I recently swapped out my rapidbike EVO unit for a Rapidbike Racing unit to be able to tune timing since the EVO unit only allows me to adjust fueling and decided to take her to the dyno. I got the Road America map on my ECU from the race package still. I tried many times to install the Pittsburgh map but I keep getting errors...so I called it quits with the flashing.

My bike has a Sprint P16 filter and a BSB spec Akra full exhaust (I do not run race fuel, I use local pump fuel). With those little "power" mods I really wasn´t expecting much but the first run without tuning started at 182whp. After tuning fueling and timing I bumped up to 195.5whp and 83 lbs/ft tq at peak rpm (much to my happiness and excitement.. :flex::grin2: ).

Then after tuning was done I was prepping to do a final test, I had bought the new Sprint P08F1-85 filter and I wanted to do a comparison with their race p16 since apparently the new F1 filter flows like 50% more air.
After just swapping out filters, power dropped to 192 whp. A/F went lean all over. Ok proof that it indeed was letting in more air. To be frank I wasn´t expecting more power from swapping just air filters.

To my surprise.. when we started tuning the new filter I ended up getting 1 more whp up top ending at 196.5whp/ 84.8 lbs/ft, but it was interesting how power was climbing from 7k rpm with the new filter. At some points around 9k rpm I was making almost 7whp and 4-5 lbs/ft torque than with the p16 filter.

I wasn´t expecting making that much power on a stock engine but I left the dyno quite happy yesterday.

so.. now just need to freshen up my suspension, radiator, new plugs and I´m good to go for 2018.

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
ok.. so after tuning decided to fit up some carbon race fairings I had laying around since August last year. I had very little time to prep the bike so the "livery" is only temporary... THOUGH it might just stay as is.. as I´ve decided to put this baby up for SALE.

Attachments

·
Gian11
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Those fairings look excellent.

For sale though? :surprise:
What's next?
not sure yet. Think I might trade it for a 600 race bike. It´s gonna be a tough sell (got like 35-37k in parts alone)... i´ve hidden my invoices well from the wife lol.

I just bought a ducati scrambler cafe racer.. started modifying that and quite enjoying it.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
About this Discussion
150 Replies
32 Participants
Buttafewcoe
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing