Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
R1 Londoner, UK.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Bike is nearly finished, at last... (new pics added)

So.............

I took my 05 R1 that had nothing wrong with it, other than the colour and decided to change it.

Its taken me a month so far as I am respraying the whole thing and changing things like the hugger, sprockets, brake lines and a few bits and bobs.

Not the best piccies yet but you get the idea, I will have pictures of it finished by the weekend.

The wheels have been done but are at the tyre shop getting balanced, they have been smoothed off and look nice imo, even the spokes.

Cheers, Yodi

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Bet it will look great. Make sure you post up a pic when your done.

·
R1 Londoner, UK.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, I hope it looks good too....

I didnt like the red and I got bored after 2 ninjas then this of just riding yet another production bike with an exhaust so decided to change...

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
you have started off very nice with the white :yesnod

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
Wow, it's going to look great!

·
R1 Londoner, UK.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wheels are arriving tonight so in the morning I will be fitting them along with a few other bits, I can't put the fairings on yet as they are still a little soft even thoguh sprayed and baked in an oven so will be a few more days before I get the finished pictures up.

This helps give the idea.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
theres a white R1 in washington ive seen him around but i think hes allergic to riding his bike cuz it has almost no miles on it

·
Ex Race god.
1,102 Posts
Needs a filler cap from Ebay YODI, ?30 delivered for a nice one in Black.

Not sure about the white hugger yet... might like to see that in black instead..

Looking forward to seeing the conclusion though

·
R1 Londoner, UK.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all,

Cecil I just dont like red its not my favourite coulour by far unfortunately but I loved the bike and I knew the history so bought it anyway.

Tomy, Thanks, the wheels will be put on later today and the hugger will be fitted properly, fairings will be another few days though.

Asian, would love to see pics I have only ever seen the photoshopped pic going around.

Weeksy, just PM's you again on VD. I'm hoping the hugger will look good in white but I did have my doubts aswell... Not the end of the world though I can always repaint it I suppose.

·
R1 Londoner, UK.
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok so here is todays work, wheels have new bearings in and are now fitted on the bike, have also fitted HEL braided lines front and back but bleeding the fronts was a bitch.

Bought what I thought was a carbon yoke cover turns out was shit so took it back off.

Here are the pics from today

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.