Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last riding season my twin brother and I use to have r6. We rode our friends 2013 yamaha r1 which have been our dream bikes since 2009. We knew we had to get these bikes over the winter after riding my friends r1. So over the winter my brother and I managed to purchase our dream bikes. A 2011 yamaha r1 with 5300 miles and a 2009 yamaha r1 with 5200 miles. We have put already about 200 miles on them and we can't get enough.

Attachments

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
That is absolutely awesome! Congrats on the purchases guys :thumbup

Welcome to the forum :33:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the new bikes. Should be interesting if you guys are very competitive among each other!
welcome to the forum and congrats....enjoy and get out there and rideeee.....dont forget to gear up fellas!!
Twins, eh? When one of you pulls in the clutch, does that cause the other one to do it also? :p
Thanks for all the welcomings. And yes we do tend to compete a little hahaha both bikes are really similar right now with basic add ons so right now it is all about the rider since we also weigh almost the same.

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
the yellow 09 was the fastest color. haha
agreed!!

good to see a couple folks still loving the original Xplanker though!! welcome to the forum, now are you both gonna share one avatar n' finish each other's sentences OP? :hammer: :kekekegay:

check out folks signatures for mod ideas, there's plenty of info covering the xplanes on the forum by now n' some folks on here really know their shit... :fact

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats to the both of you! Thats pretty cool to see you guys riding the same ride.
agreed!!

good to see a couple folks still loving the original Xplanker though!! welcome to the forum, now are you both gonna share one avatar n' finish each other's sentences OP? :hammer: :kekekegay:

check out folks signatures for mod ideas, there's plenty of info covering the xplanes on the forum by now n' some folks on here really know their shit... :fact
love the raven. welcome to the forum
thanks again guys. We both share this account haha I have been looking around a lot on the forum and everyday I learn something new.

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
what mods are done to the bikes now?
reflash the ECU's, at least -1 on the front sprocket. i run -1/+1 and love it.

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
oh and i just noticed the blue one has competition Werkes slipons.....love those things. have black ones on my 09....get a stiffy everytime i fire it up

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what mods are done to the bikes now?
reflash the ECU's, at least -1 on the front sprocket. i run -1/+1 and love it.
basic mods on both. We are planning to get both bikes re-flashed as soon as possible.

2011 r1: fender eliminator kit, integrated taillight, graves slip on with y pipe and flush mount turn signals.

2009 r1: fender eliminator kit, integrated taillight, werks slip on, flush mount turn signals, asv levers, smoked puig windscreen and vortex rearsets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.