Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
uh-huh
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it had to happen, iwas going home from work last night about 10:30pm est, and ran across some toyota celica club. long story short, ate 2 of them in short time, had fun time to run. one of them caught me on the brigde i was on and wanted to have a go at 85mph, ok i thought...dropped down 3 gears and nailed it. then i heard the juice come on and watched him sail by me at 140mph :eek: damn, shoulda known that he was hot wanting to run it at 85mph. gonna call tobefast.com for a nitros kit.:cool:

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Hahahaha! Thats ok... I bet the guy that beat you has enough invested on his car to buy 2 R1's :lol

·
uh-huh
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are probably right there. hey, he was a gracious winner too. congratulated me on a good but losing try. lol

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Errr....that car would have to be pushing out 500 plus HP to go past you like that. To even have near the same power to weight ratio as you on the R-1. Did you guys run out of room or did you pull out before you hit 140?

·
uh-huh
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't know what he had on that celica, was fast. had room on bridge, but i was running out of short on brass, never been in that area b4.

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
I think you need a re-match. The only car that's given me a tough time was a 996 Turbo porsche. And only because he was passing me on the top end. I think you were nursing the bike to get taken by a FF celica. Even if it was turboed with a front mount and pushing 22 pounds. Heck even on juice with a built bottom end with a 100shot he should still only be in the 12 or 11 sec range on the track and the tranny can't be too modded or he'd be heard of if he was that fast. I used to be heavy into import tuning and street racing and I have'nt heard of a central fla celica doing all that. I think you may have been just a bit skerd. Find him and destroy him!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Solidus said:
I think you need a re-match. The only car that's given me a tough time was a 996 Turbo porsche. And only because he was passing me on the top end. I think you were nursing the bike to get taken by a FF celica. Even if it was turboed with a front mount and pushing 22 pounds. Heck even on juice with a built bottom end with a 100shot he should still only be in the 12 or 11 sec range on the track and the tranny can't be too modded or he'd be heard of if he was that fast. I used to be heavy into import tuning and street racing and I have'nt heard of a central fla celica doing all that. I think you may have been just a bit skerd. Find him and destroy him!!!!
:iamwithst When I lived in Miami there were a lot of fast cars the only thing that beat on the top end was the pors+------------
che turbo!

·
uh-huh
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will admit I was getting way into new levels here, maybe....fear/common sense, had a hold of my brain...lol. i will be watching 4 him.. again.

·
Banned
342 Posts
i smoke my boys viper all the time

·
Registered
21 Posts
how do you lose to a celica ? something is wrong there, grow some balls and try to find him and race him again because there is no way you should have lost to a celica:confused: :2bitchsla

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
got beat?

dude, there is now way you should have been beat. My friend has a supra with 500hp and he runs 11's. I drilled him on my 2003 r6 with just a slip on. there is no way a celica should beat u. Maybe u are mistaking the celica for a supra that has a single turbo? thats the only car i have ever seen beat a bike ever.

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
Let me at em'! Your local to me, let's hook up and find these cars for a rematch. :cool:

·
uh-huh
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
coulda been a supra, i don't really follow toyotas.
dogbone, every saturday night Gandy bridge or 4th street heading to Franklinstein bridge.

·
R1-Camaro-Passat
1,837 Posts
A guy on an Acura Integra pulled away from me while I was riding on the freeway, I had to downshift twice to catch up... NOS is pretty cool on those rice burners.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts