Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.alloutgraphics.com
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally did it. I wheelied my bike.

The big turning point for me to finally wheelie was guts. I could get the front end up, but once it came up I would drop it right away. Then one day all I did was just hold on, instead of droping the front I just held on and away I went. Now I just need to learn to ride them farther.

Thanks for all the advice that was posted here.

Here I am trying my wheelies, its not much but its a start
http://www.esuperbikes.com/videos/wheelie.wmv

·
Vrooom
1,531 Posts
atta boy :thumbup

·
HighRider
699 Posts
What gear are you in when you are doing it? Also, not knockin you at all dude, just find a less busy place to do them, don't wanna see you get hurt. Congrats on the brass balls for learning how to wheelie.

·
Jaw Droppin' Stunts
124 Posts
sweeta...:bandit ...for distance, all it takes is a smooth trottle hand, high wheelie, and make sure you have enough rpms, start at a low rpm will really help, also the what gear your in, 2nd is good 3rd is better... and 5-10lbs less in the rear tire makes a wheelie more stable...:crash :finger

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
I gotta say LOL

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
Not mean to be offensive but you're doing this in the city area which is SQUIDISH

·
London Looney
50 Posts
Hi glad to see your getting there , to get better you need to get higher which means smooth with the throttle. I find the higher you get the less modulation you need when you are getting higher you will feel the bike go light and you need to again resist the temptation to shut off the throttle all over again.A video is a good way to tell how high you are.You should hardly be able to see over the front windshield if you are getting it high You will also notice strong winds more.I only started doing wheelies about a year ago and went out all last summer and practiced loads got alot better and now I can wheelie a fair distance until I run out of revs in 2nd I am just getting to the stage where I can slow them down a bit but know I can still go higher.As for the guys mentioning about the busy traffic I partially agree because when I practice I tend to find quiet roads although to my mind its always fun pulling up a wheelie next to or near car drivers although I know its ****ing dangerous.
good luck keep practicing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts