41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
M16x1.5

Use an impact gun and a dead blow.

Good luck.
I'm going to hit canadian tire up for the bolt now omw to liquor store lol. The stator has not shipped yet so I won't be tearing that open just yet. Odds are the engine will be out and the valves will be checked and ill check out the supposed barnett spring conversion and hopefully swap to new oem plates. As long as the gearbox isn't damaged and the leak test checks out.

I started tearing at the ballast/headlights/blinkers.

I'll post photos now what I see. It appears he spliced three wires into one wire twice, on each side. This is 100% where my power was drawing I'd say and explain that massive hum noise in my video on the original post in this thread.

I cant find the wire diagram in the service manual but im going to look harder after this post until the wife gets home to watch the kids so I can get out to the stores.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
The wiring diagram is at the back of the service manual. I'm glad you found your power draw.

Looking close, those may be the ground wires. If they are, and the are hooked in the harness correctly, that may not be your power draw. Also, the ballasts may be resistors. Are the signals led? That wiring is still butchered though.

Ohm the solid black wire on the harness to ground.

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
Ok, chocolate is a turn signal, dark green is a turn signal, black and yellow is low beam, black and green is high beam and black is ground. Something is going on with your relay though and the wires for it appear to be run to the ballasts in a loop to the turn signals. Because, reasons I guess.

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
Anybody know what the blue wire with a red stripe is? Only thing I can find on the diagram is the tail light, but I don't know why it'd be under the nose.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Alrighty. I am 100% going to try and start fresh with this. My theory is he installed these LED turn signals and was forced to add the ballast. I don't think these even look good anyways.

I am very bad at the electrical side of life on all things. Reading the diagram messes with me. Im watching videos like this to learn

I'm going to remove the ballast and the turn signal and get this tach wired properly. The red and black wires from the tach are running into the right side of the harness. Into the what I assume is the ground on the ballast (black tach wire) and the red is spliced into tge blue/red wire in the harness.

Is the red and black tach wires not suppose to have a plug at the end that just plugs into this harness using these two wires on either side

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
You should hang on for a minute and study that diagram, there is a blue wire off the odometer unit that may tie in to the blue red wire in the sub harness or may tie in to the turn signal. I can't tell from the diagram if the blue wire with a red stripe is supposed to be on the 3 wire connector from the signal to the harness or on the harness side. It also may tie to the indicator button on the handle control. You might want to trace that one out. Give me a minute for the red wire from the odometer/tachometer.

That inverter on the back of the tachometer is not factory and should be removed. If those are the red and black wires then you shouldn't worry about them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Anybody know what the blue wire with a red stripe is? Only thing I can find on the diagram is the tail light, but I don't know why it'd be under the nose.
Aren’t there also small running lamps inside the headlight housing?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
You should hang on for a minute and study that diagram, there is a blue wire off the odometer unit that may tie in to the blue red wire in the sub harness or may tie in to the turn signal. I can't tell from the diagram if the blue wire with a red stripe is supposed to be on the 3 wire connector from the signal to the harness or on the harness side. It also may tie to the indicator button on the handle control. You might want to trace that one out. Give me a minute for the red wire from the odometer/tachometer.

That inverter on the back of the tachometer is not factory and should be removed. If those are the red and black wires then you shouldn't worry about them.
That blue wire is not being used on the harness side and on the tach side I see a black and red one and a double black one

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
That speedo is probably done. I have no idea where he wired that inverter to, but, no ac voltage should be going into that housing. Unless he changed the bulbs in there? Are the backlights custom colored? Man that electrical is such a mess.

If it was in front of me I could sort it out in a few minutes with a multimeter and a soldering gun.

·
Registered
2008 r1
738 Posts
If I understand the diagram correctly, that blue wire that goes into the odometer is the voltage supply for the indicator for the turn signals. Look closely at the diagram here. The blue wire should be wire (L) that ties in to (ch) chocolate and (dg) dark green.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts