Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My New 2008 R1 Edit: Before and After Pics

Actually I got it on Nov. 12th, it came with Diablo Corsa's. I Previously had a 2006 Honda CBR600RR that got stolen. Love the bike, handles so smooth.

Pictures aren't that great sorry!

Minor Mods: Pazzo Levers, Proton turn signals, A & R Race Baffle, temporary home made Fender Eliminator (2 plastic zip ties) and slip resistant passenger seat.

Bought some cushion foam shelf liner, stretched and stapled it over the seat. I know, sounds weird but the R1's rear is at a greater angle then my old CBR so my girl would slide into me too much. So she'd start to get tired of holding herself up against the gas tank.

Now she doesn't slide as much, she can sit more upright and hold me without sliding and it makes for a more comfortable ride for the both of us. However, you need to change the liner every couple of weeks as it starts to wear down.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
very nice bike!!! im jealous

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
The blacks gonna be everywhere!! I better get to moddin my ish quick!!

I just picked up a black 08 myself, CONGRATS! awesome bike, I know how much you love it because I have the same one down in the garage! haha

·
The Voices Told Me To Do It!
166 Posts
Hi all,

its been a long time since posting here.. divorce still hanging on and had to sell my R1 for lawyer fees..

hopefully sorted in the next two months and I am looking at the 08 R1, but in sexy retro red and white (just like my first 98 R1).

can i have your comments on it.. is it as good as I want it to be?

Andy

·
1,313 Posts
Andy, since your over in the UK you are lucky enough to be able to purchase the Haga street replica! If you dont go for that bike you are nuts! Guys here in the states would kill for the oppurtunity to walk into a dealer and drive off with that bike!! Go for it, and post PLENTY of pics of it because everyone will be drooling over it!

·
166 Posts
you mean this little chicken:bow

Attachments

·
1,313 Posts
Yes sir, thats the one I am talkin about..... You guys are lucky, Id love to own that bike, Id love even more to own the Fiat replica but those kits are very hard to come by

·
166 Posts
well, get the hankies out.. lock the door... and enjoy!

Attachments

·
1,313 Posts
Yup, get either of the two, or black of course. My preference order:

1. Fiat rep
2. Black
3. Haga rep

·
ill will
1,134 Posts
Actually I got it on Nov. 12th, it came with Diablo Corsa's. I Previously had a 2006 Honda CBR600RR that got stolen. I've already replaced the stock signals and repacked the pipes with A and R race baffle. Added Black and Gold Pazzo levers. Also got rid of the huge plastic rear fender of course. Love the bike, handles so smooth.

[/IMG]

nice! post a pic with the mods, it'll be the first black 08 iv'e seen with mods besides photochops:jump

edit: how do the a&r baffles sound? did you double-up the packing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice! post a pic with the mods, it'll be the first black 08 iv'e seen with mods besides photochops:jump

edit: how do the a&r baffles sound? did you double-up the packing?
I'll take some pics later on today after work. They sound pretty nice, someone has video of some a and r baffles on an 07 R1 on youtube. Nope, just a single sheet of packing for each pipe.

·
Somebody stole my pants.
78 Posts
very nice! have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
congrats on your bike purchase!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.