Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My R1...That's all...
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Its been 8 years since I sold my "daily" 2005 R1 (the one in my signature) and decided only to race.
For 8 years I was a Kawasaki racer, until 2 months ago :)
So, this is my 2016 R1 !! It was all black so as a designer it was a pleasure designing the livery.
It has Scorpion Slip-On, Ohlins TTX, FT blipper, flashed ECU, Brembo MC with braided lines and Vesrah pads, CRC fairings, Apex racing GP clip-ons and rearsets :)
Let me know what you think !
Oh, and my ZX10R is also there :)

Attachments

·
My R1...That's all...
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys !
The bike is great but I'm afraid it requires a lot of attention with suspension setup.
I had 2 trackday events with it and still no luck. I have no feedback from the front what so ever. Even contacted Dave Moss (he helped me before with my ZX10R suspension to perfection) while I was in Brno and his setup didn't work for me.
Anyway, I will figure it out eventually :)
Thanks for the replies! The bike looks like MotoGP :)

·
2016 R1
215 Posts
Thanks guys !
The bike is great but I'm afraid it requires a lot of attention with suspension setup.
I had 2 trackday events with it and still no luck. I have no feedback from the front what so ever. Even contacted Dave Moss (he helped me before with my ZX10R suspension to perfection) while I was in Brno and his setup didn't work for me.
Anyway, I will figure it out eventually :)
Thanks for the replies! The bike looks like MotoGP :)

Not sure where you’re located but Dave Moss is usually at Thunder Hill when Kiegwins is running the track days. If you could get out to one of them and have him do it for you and be able to test and tune your suspension it might be worth the trip. Awesome bike!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
My R1...That's all...
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
User profile looks like he's in Israel. Doubt if Dave goes out that far. :lol
:laugh:
Well, I am from Israel but I'm racing in Europe so my bike is there.
Not that it helps but...just saying :)
If Dave is planning to come to Brno next month it would be great !! hahaha
And thanks for the compliment TheoreticalApex, I think the bike does looks amazing !
I designed 2 more bikes with the same colors, a CBR1000RR and a ZX6R. Can't wait to see them painted :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
TheoreticalApex
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing