Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Israel,

I've replaced my BMW S1000RR 2016 after 3+ years, to a brand new blue/black R1 2019.

Did about 80 km, it's around 40° this time of the year here in Israel, therfore I don't ride much during those sticky days, just moding, and waiting in the AC for a good day with 20°-26°

Hope to share and learn from you all.

-Shay

Sent from my H9436 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like it vs the BMW? Been tossing up the idea with newer r1 and s1000rr
The BMW S1000RR feels like a big potato bag comparing to the R1.

The R1 handling is fast! You can flick it side to side so easy, with so much feedback and confidence. You receive 100% feedback during every single moment down beneath you.

It reminded me the CBR600RR 2004 I had few years ago, similar handling and a tons of feedback while flicking the motorcycle between corners.

I had only 400 km, and already flying between twisties.

The R1 riding position is a lot more aggressive then the S1000RR 2016, you feel it right away :grin2:

And if you're not in shape you'll feel after every ride as well :laugh:

Congrats on your new girlfriend! :lhumper:

Thank you :fruit:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
"The R1 riding position is a lot more aggressive then the S1000RR 2016, you feel it right away"

But after owning a 2012 and 2015 S1000RR, the Yamaha is more comfortable for me. I always felt bunched up on the SThous. And yes, the Yamaha is the far better handler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice bike mate !

I bought my 2019 in May, have done about nearly 3,000 miles on it so far. Took it to the Isle of Man for the TT just after running it in.

The bike is class. I do not think the S1000RR is class.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike mate !

I bought my 2019 in May, have done about nearly 3,000 miles on it so far. Took it to the Isle of Man for the TT just after running it in.

The bike is class. I do not think the S1000RR is class.
Thank you! I love the Yamaha Blue with those LED cat eyes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Shayc84
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing