Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was torn when deciding what to get but in the end i fell inlove with an Italian.

Attachments

·
Too old for this crap...
1,868 Posts
WOW!!!! Absolut coolness.... I love it. One of the most (if not the most) beautiful bike on sale today. I think I just wet my pants...

How much is it btw?

·
Banned
163 Posts
CLASSY BIKE.. GOOD CHOICE. I AM AN R 1 RIDER MYSELF BUT ALSO WAS TEMPTED TO BUY A 999. I LIKE ITS PERSONAL STANDARD TO SET ITSELF ASIDE AND STAND OUT AS A BIKE OF TOOL AS APPOSED TO SIMPLY PLAYING A HORSEPOWER BATTLE LIKE THE JAPS. ITS A LOT OF FUN I AM SURE. COOL CHOICE. STILL LOVE MY 04 R 1 THOUGH, BUT MUST SAY THE 999 IS DISTINCT AND IN A CLASS ALL BY ITSELF. THE THING I LIKE THE BEST ABOUT THAT BIKE IS IT DOES WHAT IT NEEDS TO DO .. SIMPLY PUT. NO NEED FOR CRAZY HORSEPOWER OR DYNO CHARTS. ANOYONE WHO RIDES THAT BIKE WILL AGREE. IT DOES WHAT IT NEEDS TO DO. NO COMPROMISE OR APOLOGIE. ITS A TRUE SPORT RIDERS MACHINE.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
Great bike! Lookin' good. The closest I've come to owning one is my diecast model. Someday....

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OTD for 16500. Got a decient deal and for anyone in the market for Aprilia or Ducati has to check out Redline motorsports in Yorktown VA. They are the best dealer that I have ever dealt with. Very, very awesome. The owner is the co-founder of Cornerspeed for those of you that are familear with VIR. This bike is completely awesoem. It is down on power from my 954 but it is so much easier to go fast. I constantly catch myself running tripple digits in places where is didn't used to be an issue. The power is there it is just not intimidating. Despite the increased weight, it is much eaier to flick and cary a line than my 954. Also the fit and finish is far superior to anything i have ever seen before. I absolutly love it.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,249 Posts
tell us how it compares to your 954 in power and handling.. ?? i'm curious

·
no i don't shoot roids
186 Posts
err...

This bike is completely awesoem. It is down on power from my 954 but it is so much easier to go fast. I constantly catch myself running tripple digits in places where is didn't used to be an issue. The power is there it is just not intimidating. Despite the increased weight, it is much eaier to flick and cary a line than my 954. Also the fit and finish is far superior to anything i have ever seen before. I absolutly love it.

·
ummmm.....adrenaline
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as power goes it is hard to compare. With my 954 it was wait for the powerband then hold on for dear life kind of. The twin on the other hand is so smooth in its power delivery that you can't tell you are really going fast till you take a look at the speedo. I can say that the 954 would pull harder at the top end. I have a strech of road that I like to do speed runs on and it is more than slightly uphill. With the 954 i was able to see 165+ indicated and still climbing, but with the 999 the best i could get was around 158.

In the handeling department the 999 is far superior. The suspension, even bone stock and not broken in is so much more confidence inspireing than my 954. You can flick the bike from side to side with ease and holding a lint and changing a line mid corner are no problem. I will say that due to the horrible road conditions(sand and chemicles) and relitively new tires, I have not been able to really run the 999 hard but at first impression it is much more steady yet nibmle than the 954.

Best I can do for now. Weather is not permitting much riding time so I will follow up when I have a better feal of things.

·
Judo CHOP!
1,447 Posts
Hey EliminatorR1-

What kind of Audi is that?

·
Judo CHOP!
1,447 Posts
Severe said:
Hey EliminatorR1-

What kind of Audi is that?
Heh. When I went to save the picture to show a friend (he's a big Audi guy and owns an S4), the file was saved as A8. I guess that answers my question.

Is it yours? The thing looks chrome!

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
Kick-ass bike, dude! :thumbup However, you should have bought the Monoposto. ;)

If I were to buy an Italian bike, it would be along the lines of this:

It's too bad they don't come in the liter variety. Some day, perhaps?

·
Where did I leave my car?
152 Posts
The MV Agusta is probably the best looking Italian bike (if not overall)

The 999 is very nice. There are just a couple of things that I can nit-pick when up close and personal with it... Firstly I think the mirrors are oversized and too elaborate considering the bike looks really "skinny". Up close and personal the bike does seem very slim.. especially around the seat/tank area. I don't get this impression when viewing from a distance.

Also the two front headlights are not covered and I don't like the gap between the nose fairing and the headlights. It also looks like a good cemetery for dead and splattered bugs to rest... and a area that would be hard to clean properly.

But other than that….. love-er-ly

·
Registered
357 Posts
Awesome bike!! I've always wanted a Ducati. Guess I'm cursed/blessed with owning R1's. <--- Depending on your point of view! :)

Tarl

1 - 20 of 46 Posts