Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Whatever it takes.
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great deal on a '99 Honda CR250R with a trailer. I haven't ridden motocross in years, but I picked up this bike on Saturday and rode all weekend. I forgot how much fun it was and everything seemed to come right back to me after an hour or so. Now I have something to ride when it's sh*tty out.

Attachments

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
That's cool :cool: :cool: I have been wanting to do the same but.... always one thing or another :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have some picture sof my 03 yz 250 I just had it down to the bare frame.. Not sure if you know, they don't come with grease from the factory. If you're going to keep it, you should take it down to the frame and grease everything. All of the needle bearings in the swingarm, linkage, steering stem. I shoul have mine done by next week.

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,163 Posts
That thing looks like a blast to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dirt Bikes

Like a lot of others, I started out on mini-bikes and dirt bikes when I was about 10-ish. I got my first street bike when I was about 20 (Kawasaki 900 Z-1) and got out of dirt bikes completely for over 10 years. I had nothing but street bikes until I was about 33 (10 years ago). I ended up getting back into dirt bikes about 10 years ago, and now I can't imagine having at least one street bike and one dirt bike in my garage.

Dirt bikes are just so d*mn much fun- no cops (usually), no insurance points, no little old ladies turning left in front of you, nobody backing out of driveways, etc, etc. For just getting wild and relieving some frustrations, they are hard to beat. The new batch of super-thumpers makes it all the more interesting too.

Cool toys. I just read what I wrote....damn, I keep forgetting how old I am.

'98 TL1000R (REALLY like the new '04 R1's though!)
'00 DR-Z400
'01 Audi S4
'95 LR Discovery

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:rock

Cool.... Dirt bikes definitely kick ass. I would LOVE to have one, but don't really have anywhere to ride it :(

- BA

·
Banned
4,235 Posts
lil R! said:
nice but those always get me in trouble

:lol Noooo.... you are kidding right? :lol Oh... Berk... that is because you are a trouble maker :yesnod :riding :lol

Have fun with your new toy!!! :thumbup

·
Clearin' leather...
2,085 Posts
That's my next toy. My buddy has one he raced, All FMF stuff, just waiting to get the $. Nice bike, BTW

·
Whatever it takes.
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
viper6277 said:
Nice pic dude.... you know that's the cleanest looking garage I've seen in a while.... cool stuff. post a pic of the 1 dude... let's see her too...
Thanks for noticing Viper, the garage is the only room in the house I own, the rest is my wifes domain, and I like it spotless. Here's 2 more pics. Zen

Attachments

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
Nice! Nice can of VP in the back too. I can just imagine how that Cr smells when it's running...... or is that can for something else???:cool:

·
Whatever it takes.
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeff said:
Nice! Nice can of VP in the back too. I can just imagine how that Cr smells when it's running...... or is that can for something else???:cool:
Good eyes Jeff, VP C12, I love the smell of racing fuel, it gets my adrenaline going.:jump

1 - 20 of 24 Posts