Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
There can be only R1
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nforc: Around 10:30pm last Thursday, some (insert angry name calling and phrases:mad: :rant :no here) decided to take the liberty of jumping on my bike, from Mesa apartments in La Jolla, San Diego, and riding off. Along with 2 or 3 accomplises. As you can imagine, this left me extremely upset... now, without full coverage, I am left to pay for something I no longer own... Just wanted to share my grief a bit. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for it, if by some miracle, there are anyone from the San Diego area with any information, please contact me.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you have theft insurance on it? Sportbikes {out in the open} are just sitting ducks for thieves. I hope it gets recovered.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
:nforc: Around 10:30pm last Thursday, some (insert angry name calling and phrases:mad: :rant :no here) decided to take the liberty of jumping on my bike, from Mesa apartments in La Jolla, San Diego, and riding off. Along with 2 or 3 accomplises. As you can imagine, this left me extremely upset... now, without full coverage, I am left to pay for something I no longer own... Just wanted to share my grief a bit. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for it, if by some miracle, there are anyone from the San Diego area with any information, please contact me.
I am seriously thinking about rigging up an RF remote to a small charge on my bike so if it gets jacked out on the street somewhere I can detonate it. I could also set it up to where if I'm not there when they steal it I can drive around broadcasting that RF channel and hope it reaches the charge. Some of my alarm stuff has a 5 mile range. I just drive around and look for the explosion. :flame:

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
sorry man, that can take it right out of you! screw them, and hope they get get slammed riding your bike~

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you have theft insurance on it? Sportbikes {out in the open} are just sitting ducks for thieves. I hope it gets recovered.

probably because of money. My insurance company was charging me $2,200 a year for full coverage, and when I dropped it to minimum my insurance is now $275 a year. This is on a 2001 R1, and I'm 21 years old, and my driving record is not that bad at all. The way I saw it for what I was paying I could replace the bike in a couple years anyways.

·
ARRRR
49 Posts
I had to have full coverage when I got the r1. I am a AAA member and combined with my truck, full coverage on my r1 is roughly 700 a year. If you have more than one vehicle, you might wanna look into it. For the next one, that is.

·
Registered
121 Posts

I feel your pain brother.. Mine was stolen 3 months ago while i was on vacation! It was an 07 with about $2500 worth of mods. I'm also paying of a bike that i dont have! The sad thing is, i came to the realization that our bikes were parted off and sold on underground websites, auctions like ebay.

I'm currently in the process trying to quickly paying it off. I want to be riding by march - april next year with an 08!

good luck to ya.!

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
I am seriously thinking about rigging up an RF remote to a small charge on my bike so if it gets jacked out on the street somewhere I can detonate it. I could also set it up to where if I'm not there when they steal it I can drive around broadcasting that RF channel and hope it reaches the charge. Some of my alarm stuff has a 5 mile range. I just drive around and look for the explosion. :flame:
:facti like the way you think bro!:thumbup ...these fkn bike thieves should die a painful death.:saw:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hear that. if it doesn't get recovered (or you're out money for repairs or fees), look into an uninsured loss on your federal income tax. Been there, done that. It helps, but it's still better not to have your bike stolen in the first place.

Jeff

·
Holy crap this things fast!
1,131 Posts
Did they hot wire it? How did they just ride away on it?

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
a) i am very sorry to hear this... horrible

b) this is another reminder to everyone why insurance/alarms/locks/lo-jack are so important!!!! you spend thousands of dollars on a bike... you need to protect your investment! you'd never buy a house or condo without proper security, same as a car... a bike needs to be treated the same way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.