Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Drink Sparks, Die Young.
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after he left for work he came back in with his helmet on because he wanted to get a bottle of water. Of course I helped him put the water in his bag, then I noticed his helmet strap wasn't fastened. :dundun:

So I asked him "you do normally fasten that right?"
He said "I don't usually, I mean, I do when I'm really riding, but not just around town."

So I explained to him how helmets without straps tend to pop off one's head even in the slightest "off," and that many have become dead or drooling retards after their helmet pops off and their head checks how thick the curb is.

Ignorance aside, why would you go to the trouble of wearing a lid and not fasten it?

(Then again, why would you ride a gixxer?)

No real punchline, just to all you squids reading this: fasten your stupid helmet. In return for me saving your life in this way, you must promise not to breed.

Thanks.

·
Viva La Figa
3,992 Posts
I saw the same here. Some dude was leaving the gas station (Yes...on a Gixxer) with that chin strap flapping away.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
:no:bash:saw:

·
Angry Misogynist
13,391 Posts
I forget to strap mine by accident once. The bitch kept whipping me in the neck. I would describe it as rather uncomfortable.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
I stopped caring about people like that not long ago. If they want to be dumbasses or think they are cool...let them. They won't understand until they are dead.

·
Drink Sparks, Die Young.
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anonymous did you make an adhesive chin strap so you can pass tech at the track? I think that's what my roomate is planning on doing. Kind of like a clip-on tie.

Maybe we should market those.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I forget to strap mine by accident once. The bitch kept whipping me in the neck. I would describe it as rather uncomfortable.
Hell yeah......damn thing hurts.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.