Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got everything fitted.

Heres the baffle I used which I cut down a couple inches to clear the EXUP Valve:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=H252027&store=Main&catId=&productId=pH252027&leafCatId=&mmyId=

I welded on nuts to the baffle so you can mount it to the tip, and not have it move anywhere, and it makes it easy to change baffling. I was able to get 1 layer of baffling using 2 rolls of teflon tape, the teflon did a great job of pushing the packing down into the baffle holes. Now that I look at it, I might want to move the tip a little bit further away from the rear wheel, but so far I love the look of it, and by far its one of the best mods I've done thus far.
If anyone is interested in having me make one for them, let me know and we will work something out!

These vids were not by me, but by: Judge Dredd who has the same exhaust as I do, thanks for the great vids:bow

This is a short clip of what the bike sounds like when you start it up and idle, from the perspective of being onboard.

First you hear my buddy's ZX-6R with a V&H slip on, then my MCM.

www.electrici.net/video/start.mov
This next clip is me riding at a cruising pace (between 65 - 90 MPH). If you enlarge the player screen you can see the speedo and tach pretty well.

www.electrici.net/video/cruising speed.mov
This last clip is me gradually passing my buddy on the ZX-6R in the same lane - we planned it, so don't worry - I wasn't being a jerk.:riding

This is a relatively high speed sequence - top out at 144mph indicated. If you enlarge the player screen, you will be able to see the speedo and tach.

http://www.electrici.net/video/high speed.mov

Attachments

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
Looks good!
I always wanted to do that on my 00, but now with the 07 it sorta isnt needed anymore.

Is it loud?

·
THE SLOPPY ONE
339 Posts
I had the same thing on my R1 streetfighter. Everyone used to say it sounded like a jetski out of water. I liked it, screw them.

·
Fear Nothing, Risk Everything
5,767 Posts
nice

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These vids were not by me, but by: Judge Dredd who has the same exhaust as I do, thanks for the great vids:bow

This is a short clip of what the bike sounds like when you start it up and idle, from the perspective of being onboard.

First you hear my buddy's ZX-6R with a V&H slip on, then my MCM.

www.electrici.net/video/start.mov
This next clip is me riding at a cruising pace (between 65 - 90 MPH). If you enlarge the player screen you can see the speedo and tach pretty well.

www.electrici.net/video/cruising speed.mov
This last clip is me gradually passing my buddy on the ZX-6R in the same lane - we planned it, so don't worry - I wasn't being a jerk.:riding

This is a relatively high speed sequence - top out at 144mph indicated. If you enlarge the player screen, you will be able to see the speedo and tach.

http://www.electrici.net/video/high speed.mov

·
Southern Indiana
247 Posts
I love the look of it. You said that you wrapped the baffel material with teflon? Your not talking about the same stuff you use on water pipes and such are you?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the look of it. You said that you wrapped the baffel material with teflon? Your not talking about the same stuff you use on water pipes and such are you?
haha, I wrapped it in fiberglass packing, then used teflon tape to wrap the packing in there tight (yes the same stuff as used on water pipes). Every other member on here that has made this thing has used teflon tape on it, and its worked fine...

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts
haha, I wrapped it in fiberglass packing, then used teflon tape to wrap the packing in there tight (yes the same stuff as used on water pipes). Every other member on here that has made this thing has used teflon tape on it, and its worked fine...
I was wondering the same...? Seems to me that stuff would melt after awhile... Like an hour or 2... :dunno

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
I was wondering the same...? Seems to me that stuff would melt after awhile... Like an hour or 2... :dunno
More like a second or two.

Having never done this my input is worth squat; however I would imagine the Teflon is there just to help with keeping the packing in place for installation after which it just burns out.

·
812 Miles from the Gap
4,981 Posts
Me too. I love it, especialy when I get on it!
:crash

More like a second or two.

Having never done this my input is worth squat; however I would imagine the Teflon is there just to help with keeping the packing in place for installation after which it just burns out.
100% correct :fact

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.