Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Juevos??
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock exhaust can fell off my R1 today. I was not able to recover it. It seems I am going to be riding without a exhaust for a few days.
Besides the noise, is this bad for the engine in any way?

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
:lol :lol :dunno

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
hey man I have the stock slip-on (slightly scratched, but you have to look close to see it) for sale if you need it.. only has 2900 miles on it.. $30+shipping and its yours.. lemme know.. sorry to hear that BTW..

·
Registered
633 Posts
StickySideDown said:
So my stock exhaust can fell off my R1 today. I was not able to recover it. It seems I am going to be riding without a exhaust for a few days.
Besides the noise, is this bad for the engine in any way?
Not sure, but I have a feeling that the loss of backpressure may have an effect. :dunno

How'd it fall off?

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
MegatronR1 said:
hey man I have the stock slip-on (slightly scratched, but you have to look close to see it) for sale if you need it.. only has 2900 miles on it.. $30+shipping and its yours.. lemme know.. sorry to hear that BTW..
Damn that's a smoking deal, brand new there like $900

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
mkinla said:
Damn that's a smoking deal, brand new there like $900
haha I'm just selling the slip-on portion of it.. not the entire exhaust system.. and if anyone paid $900 for one of those they're a fool 'coz you can get them on ebay for around $50 in good condition..

·
The one that says Bad M'r F'r
27 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Luckily it was still under warranty. My dealer service rep catagorized it as a defect and they gave me $500 towards an aftermarket slip on or I could get the factory pipe which I believe retails for about $700. You know that I had to go with the aftermarket. I got the high mount carbon fiber Scorpion. Sounds and looks off the chain!

·
Juevos??
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: My Stock Exhaust Fell Off!

RexRR1 said:
Not sure, but I have a feeling that the loss of backpressure may have an effect. :dunno

How'd it fall off?

I don't know how it fell off?!?!?!
I guess the main bolt loosened up some how. I had justt tightened it a couple weeks beforehand too.

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
Naw...there are a lot of stock pipes, exup valves, full systems out there for cheap or even free. A lot of riders replace their exhausts with aftermarket. I just threw away a full system for an '02, my local bike shop has them hanging on the wall and just tosses them as well.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
How in the world did your stock exhaust fall off? :eek: Did the
mounts break? I also have the Carbon Fiber Scorpion in a High
Mount. I love it and it sounds sweet.

·
Wheelie Junkie!
7,686 Posts
man that suxs. come to think about it mine is loose also but the bolts are tight!

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
lol, my stock exhaust on my 87 FZR1000 just cracked almost all the way aroubd, and is venting hot exhaust gas downwards on the inside of the lowers. :confused: :crash

·
Registered
226 Posts
it shouldnt hurt it if its just the can. but if the whole exhaust system came off and u keep goin for some reason it will burn up the motor but i dont know how. and yes it will have enough back pressure to run cause one day we took off the whole exhaust and it gained power, but sounded like bubbles popping in water.

·
Juevos??
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to everyone for the replies. My local shop Golden Gate Cycles in San Francisco gave me one for free and put it on for me free of charge. I have never shopped there before, but after this they have just got themselves a new customer. If anyone on this board works for them, Thank You! I just don't have the money right now for an aftermarket exhaust.
:rock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts