Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Broke OUTTA Jail
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it...the cops found my R6 which was stolen in November of 03!!!! They busted a big ring over by where I live..recovered 16 bikes in all!!! Only two were still in one piece..mine and a 954RR. Its pretty wild how it was being done. The people that were involved worked at Cycle riders in Orlando, FL. Iwent there in October of 03 to get my bike ready for biketoberfest and had the usual maitenance done to it and then in November somebody broke into my garage and stole it. Ended up being a few of the employees that worked at Cycle riders in orlando, FL. They were getting peoples info when they came in for service and then....bam...they stole the bike a month or so after. So if anyone lives in Orlando, FL..do not go to Cycle riders on west colonial in Orlando, FL. They can't be trusted...I had to use that place for the first time because I waited till the last minute to get my bike ready for biketoberfest...thats the last time I use a dealer that I have never done business with. It sucked because I didn't have ins on the R6 because it was free&clear...but now I am getting it back!!!!The only problem is that the guy changed the frame on it and then titled it in his name and used it as an everyday driver...so now I guess it will have a rebuilt title..Oh well...have a new R1 now so maybe I'll keep the R6 for a racebike...just glad to have it back in one piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
You're a lucky bastige. :yesnod

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
That's great news man. I hope all those bastards get locked up. I have a suspicion that I live near a motorcycle theif ring but I'm not sure yet so I won't blow up anyones spot in QB, BK.

·
190 rear section heaven !
1,995 Posts
Life for nickin a bike, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO...

I sentence you to life imprisonment for the theft of the R6, bang....

hahahhahaha

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i hope they get a$$ farked in jail big time !

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nice to hear but if a different frame was installed with a new vin number and a legit title, how did they determine that it was your bike?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Same thing happened to me. My 98 ZX-7R was at Hinds Motorsports in Columbus Ohio and an employee stole it from the shop after- hours. The bike was found a year later in the bottom of a river. The guy was finally busted riding a bike stolen from the shop in downtown Columbus.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
LeenAngle said:
Nice to hear but if a different frame was installed with a new vin number and a legit title, how did they determine that it was your bike?
They probably found the stolen frame in the shop as well.

·
DAM! That was close!
237 Posts
lucky man! turn it into a stunt bike!

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
VIN off the engine possibly??

Oh yeah, Congrats dude!! You are a small percentage that will actually happen to:fact

·
Broke OUTTA Jail
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YEP...1700WARRIOR IS RIGHT....THE VIN WAS STILL ON THE ENGINE!!! THIEVES ARE SO STUPID...THANKFULLY

·
Postwhore in training........
2,301 Posts
congrats man

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,974 Posts
Glad to see a happy ending!!

·
Live Free Or Die!
57 Posts
Bike thiefs

Well, we will just hope they get some Bubba sore ass in prison. We have most States now giving concealed weapons permits without any reason. In Nevada it's "LEGAL" to shoot and "KILL" to protect yourself or "YOUR PROPERTY". And the prosecuting attorneys will not prosecute anyone for doing so. My fellow Statesmen "have" killed more than a few Vermin to protect their property. So BuddyBike thief; The Jokes on you in Nevada! End of story!:boom :boom :dunno

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Congrats turn it into a race bike and have fun with it

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
WOW! I've known Mich the owner for quite a while! I'll bet he ain't too happy with his people right now!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts