Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

my wheezy old piece of shit for sale

755 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  GSXR POWER 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I seen one at local bike shop

#7 ·
champions editions is stickers/paint only just like black/red flame edition anyone can do it

#8 ·
echo7 said:
champions editions is stickers/paint only just like black/red flame edition anyone can do it
no it is not "stickers/paint only"... the Champions Edition was a limited production model and thus only a certain number of them were made.. they were only made in 2001, and each was specially numbered to designate which number Champions Edition it was. Furthermore, they only came in blue/black with the Champions Edition special decals. :2bitchsla

whipit's bike for sale is not an authentic Champions Edition R1, since it's a 2000 model, even though the paint scheme and decals are correct.

#9 ·
:eek:wwn3d

nice bike though

#13 ·
I dont know where all the sportbike kids out there got the idea that anything with 10K or more is beat.... I dont blame people for looking at low mileage bikes first, thats natural. But the whole idea that a bike with anything over 10K is junk makes no sence. yet most sportbike riders seem to believe that. i think it is because many sportbike riders put on maybe 1500 miles a year trolling around in a t shirt and shorts....to tghem it is inconceivable that a bike could go 30K.

Put it this way, in april 1999, I bought a new 1999 Blue r1. by december 1999 it has 20100 miles. still ran and rode like new...after all it was only 7 months old. I sold that bike last yr with 40K on it. Still looked and rode like new

in 2001 I bought a new GSXR1000 and sold it in 2002 with 25000 miles. it pulled 149HP with a full Akro before i sold it.

so if you take care of these bikes and avoid wrecking the shit out of them, they will last a long, long time

#14 · (Edited)
:iamwithst
Lots of people think a bike with 10k on the clocks is clapped out and ready for the scrap heap. :finger I ride my bikes and don't give a rat's ass about the mileage. I bought my '03 R1 in October '03 and only got to put 850 miles on it because the weather here in Minnesota. When it's ready to put away this next winter it will probably have 15k or so on the clocks. I buy a bike to ride and enjoy, not to sit and collect dust.

BTW......Nice lookin' '00 you got there.:

#16 ·
Ive already deleted one post from this thread. The rules are pretty clear. If you dont like the price why do you feel the need to publicly voice your opinion?

Nice bike Whipit, you obviously take very good care of your bikes. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.